The unique OMEGA® family of high temperature types J, K, E or N thermocouples are double-protected with high temperature ceramic fiber insulation with abrasion-resistant Inconel overbraid. A temperature rating of 1090 °C short-term service and 980 °C continuous service makes these thermocouples suitable for many high temperature measurement applications.
They are unexcelled for profiling furnaces and ovens. The solid conductor thermocouple wires with a diameter of 0.8 mm are insulated with braided ceramic fiber. Over the fiber is a strong overbraid of Inconel 600®, which is a rugged, high temperature, high nickel content alloy. Five convenient styles are available in 1 m and 3 m lengths for high temperature measurement applications.
- Flexible, high temperature, abrasion resistant
- J, K, E or N thermocouple calibrations
- Withstand temperatures up to 1090 °C
- Thermocouples with Inconel overbraid with ceramic fiber insulation
- Five convenient styles for easy application
- Unparalleled for profiling ovens and furnaces
The key specifications for the OMEGA® family of high temperature types J, K, E or N thermocouples are as follows:
- Insulation: Nextel® ceramic fiber
- Wire gauge: 0.8 mm diameter, 0.5 mm2 CSA, solid conductor–class 2 tolerance
- Temperature: depends on thermocouple type, 980 °C (1800 °F) continuous, 1090 °C (2000 °F) short-term service
- Overbraiding and fittings: Inconel 600®
- Termination: Ceramic beaded leads with compensated spade lugs, OMEGA® OSTW (220 °C) standard size thermocouple plug, OMEGA® SHX high temperature 650 °C mini ceramic thermocouple plug, OMEGA® NHXH high temperature 650 °C standard size ceramic thermocouple plug, OMEGA® SMPW (220 °C) mini thermocouple plug, or ceramic fiber insulated flying leads with stripped ends or spade lugs