The most accurate way of measuring pressure, load, torque, and force is the strain gage transducer. In other words, a transducer is an effective method of converting mechanical strain into electrical values. HITEC’s transducers can be integrated into the component or assembly during any phase of the product life cycle.
Strain Gage-Based Transducer
The use of a custom strain gage-based transducer, designed and manufactured by HITEC, eliminates the need to adapt standard off-the-shelf transducers, thus, providing freedom.
First, an in depth face-to-face discussion to comprehend measurement requirements is carried out. Following which, HITEC produces mechanical design, transducer specifications¸ and electrical documentation. The design is reviewed and then approved by the customer. Prior to a full production run, a small run of prototypes are tested. HITEC is capable of producing any custom transducer in a range of quantities, from one to over 100,000.
All transducers undergo final health checks, including zero balance values at a minimum, insulation resistance, shunt reading, and bridge resistance, before delivery. Communication with engineering and HITEC customer service teams support customers’ requirements by utilizing the most conventional scheduling systems such as Kanban for just-in-time.
The Whole Package
- Complete mechanical design, electrical design capabilities
- A staff of engineers with years of experience in custom design transducers
- FEA analysis for stress pattern prediction
- Different types of strain gage including high output, resistive and semiconductor strain gages
- Complete design and manufacturing of all components including, custom electrical pc board, component flexure, telemetry systems, chip-based amplifiers, all miscellaneous components such as flexible circuits, housings, cables, cable strain relief and connectors for a turn-key transducer assembly
- Environmental protection and pc board conformal coating
- Temperature compensation per specification
- Torque calibration
- Force calibration in tension and compression
- Higher level assembly with transducer integration capabilities
- Wide variety of outputs including analog and digital signals of customer’s choice
- US-based manufacturing and off-shore manufacturing options
- Quality ISO 90001-2008
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by HITEC Sensor Developments, Inc.
For more information on this source, please visit HITEC Sensor Developments, Inc.