SGX Sensortech always suggests infrared gas detection technology for applications that need a long-term, robust solution for detecting propane leaks or R290 refrigerant leaks.
Infrared sensors are mechanically strong and extremely resistant to environmental contamination. Metal oxide semiconductors and catalytic sensors are not adaptable in difficult applications where there are wet conditions and repeatable chances of poisons.
In certain applications, infrared sensors are powered down, which can cause them to develop condensation within the optical cavity. When these sensors are re-powered, the condensation can put the instruments into a latched false alarm state.
SGX INIR Infrared Gas Sensors
The selection of gas sensor technology has largely relied on a compromise between reliability and cost. The INIR infrared gas sensors from SGX Sensortech are engineered to provide exceptional reliability even within wet condensation applications, for example, refrigeration plants.
The INIR infrared sensor range available from SGX Sensortech provides instrument users and instrument manufacturers with a complete linearized, temperature-compensated output as well as additional condensation compensation.
The firmware and hardware integrated within the sensor are designed to detect the occurrence of condensation and reduce the number of power-up false alarms within wet condensation applications. They also make it easy to simultaneously detect gases within the wet application. Hence, users may not prefer to compromise and accept an infrared gas sensor that delivers lower performance, when they have an option for choosing the SGX INIR infrared gas sensors.
Advantages of INIR Infrared Gas Sensors
The SGX Sensortech’s INIR infrared gas sensors provide the following key benefits:
- Excellent resistance to condensation and humidity—The sensors are equipped with innovative firmware and hardware to detect and offset optical occlusion from condensation
- The sensors are factory calibrated for carbon dioxide, methane, and propane
- Simple usage—The SGX Sensortech INIR infrared sensors are available with calibrated auto-ranging analog and digital compensated outputs
- Mechanical robustness—The INIR sensor range uses an exclusive shock-mounted infrared source, which implies that it is extremely resistant to both vibration and mechanical shocks
- Bus connectivity—Each sensor includes a special addressable code when it is linked to a multisensory bus, allowing users to communicate and interrogate each sensor to facilitate the monitoring of individual gas zones
- Low-operating power—Continuous operation of the INIR series results in an average power consumption of <120 mW
- Gas versions—Carbon dioxide, methane, and propane
For manufacturers and designers of stationary or portable gas detection instrumentation, the SGX Sensortech INIR infrared sensor range provides them with a product that can completely meet their customers’ sensing requirements.
Whether one is looking to boost operating run time, design smaller instruments, or decrease the overall cost of ownership, the SGX Sensortech INIR infrared sensors are available in an industry-standard package and come with complete safety certification.
To learn more about the groundbreaking technology included in the INIR infrared sensors, or to see the performance that can be obtained with these instruments, customers can contact one of the company’s expert sales team or its network of local distributors for additional information or samples for further assessment.
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by SGX EUROPE SP. Z O.O.
For more information on this source, please visit SGX EUROPE SP. Z O.O.