Metal and mineral processing technology is crucial in mining applications. This technology sorts precious minerals from waste which is frequently performed by utilizing magnets.
Challenge: To Monitor the Water Level in a Dirty Tank
In this mining application, ferrous minerals are being taken from a slurry through the use of a magnetic wheel. The slurry is pumped into a tank where the magnetic wheel is vertically rotating into the combination of water and slurry.
The wheel attracts the ferrous particles stuck in the slurry and gathers them on the wheel surface. As part of the wheel rotates out of the slurry, a mechanical edge removes the gathered ferrous material from the wheel and into a bin.
In this example, the customer required the water level in the tank to be monitored to make sure that the system was functioning correctly.
Solution: UCL-510 Ultrasonic Continuous Level Sensor
Gems Sensors’ UCL-510 was selected for many reasons:
- Provides accurate monitoring of the water and slurry level in the processing tank
- Holds a high IP rating and robust housing
- Simple to install along with signal and programming integration
- Non-contact form of measurement
Other features of the UCL-510 include:
- 49 inch (1245 mm) range with 1 " NPT Mounting
- Non-contact for dirty, corrosive, or sticky applications
- A combination of four relays, a 4 to 20 mA output and pump and valve control, all in one compact sensor
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Gems Sensors and Controls.
For more information on this source, please visit Gems Sensors and Controls.