Using “non-contact” technology, Senix ToughSonic® Ultrasonic Sensors can detect objects or materials through the air. They are reliable and most importantly easy to use. Almost any material can be detected: soft or hard, any color, opacity or transparency, flat or curved. They function over longer distances, unlike run-of-the-mill proximity sensors, and can be set-up to limit object detection within a user-specified distance band (“window”).
Object detection is a type of proximity sensing with the ability to determine if an object or material is present (arrives) or absent (disappears).
Printing & Converting
Kiosks & Displays
Counting & Controlling
Configuration of Senix ultrasonic sensors can be carried out to regulate object detection to a user-configurable range of distances. Additionally, they can also be configured to determine a single maximum range of detection within the sensor’s maximum range. This enables the sensor to disregard objects further away that may be permanently or intermittently within the sensor’s maximum range.
ToughSonic sensors can take abuse in both indoor and outdoor conditions. With no mechanical parts to break, robust electronic components are potted with epoxy into small stainless steel housings. IEC-compliant electrical interfaces are protected from reversed connections and over-voltages.
These proximity sensors are widely compatible with an easy set-up for all common automation equipment. Applications range from PLC inputs, ON/OFF switches, to relay connections, and multi-sensor detection networks. They are cost effective, with many features built into the sensor’s software – user-adjustable power that can be unlocked with SenixVIEW PC software.
Object Detection Applications
Ultrasonic proximity sensors can be found in a wide range of scenarios and applications where the presence or absence of a material, object or person is a vital component in the control of a machine or process. They are typically found in robotics, converting, printing, material handling, and transportation industries.
- Type 316 stainless steel housings
- UV-resistant, potted-in cable
- Sealed epoxy potted construction
- IEC-compliant electrical interface protection
- Liquid-tight IP68 immersion rating
- Ruggedized piezoelectric ultrasonic transducers, potted in place
- Hardened ToughSonic internal electronics
- CE compliant
- Two switch outputs, each with window, hysteresis and timing adjustments
- Each switch can be either PNP or NPN
- Other simultaneous outputs also provided
- Distance window and lost target features
- Adjust, optimize and manage setups with SenixVIEW PC software (included)
- Multi-sensor networks & cross-talk protection
- Measurement rates up to 200 Hz
- Connect remotely to, and work safely with, sensors embedded in an application
- Adjustable filters and timers help optimize dynamic response
- Quick duplication without recalibration
- Push-button teachable
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Senix Corporation.
For more information on this source, please visit Senix Corporation.