The SmartBob2 sensor is developed by BinMaster and provides one of the most accurate and smartest inventory measurement systems on the market. It is cost effective, powerful, and versatile. It can be used for measuring liquids, powders, large granular, and dry bulk solids applications. Different varieties of SmartBob cable-based sensor are:
- SmartBob-TS1 sensor is an economical and compact inventory tracking system which is used for measuring powders, solids, slurries or liquids in tanks, bins, and silos. It can be installed on angled or flat roods. It consists of mounting flanges, probes, pipe extensions, and a gearbox motor heater.
- SmartBob MultiBob system enables mounting 2 to 32 SmartBob sensors in a single bin for measuring multiple points. It also uses eBob software for calculating an average level. It is suitable for use with larger diameter bins or bins with uneven material topography. A strapping table can be added to the bin parameters for personalizing the data for a particular bin using the eBob software.
- SmartBob2 Remote can be configured using different kinds of probe designs and extensions for slurry, solid, and liquid applications. It is a highly accurate cable-based inventory measurement system in the market. It is rugged, and easy to install. This system does not require field calibration, and ensures minimal wiring.
- SmartBob SS can be used in tanks where solid materials are settled at the bottom. It can be used for measuring the level of solid material below a liquid surface. This technology is ideal for use in any applications where solid material needs to be measured under liquid.
- SmartBob AO level sensor consists of an integrated 4-20 mA analog output for use by facilities that prefer an analog output to a PLC for monitoring bin level measurement data. Settings of the SmartBob A can be configured using a simple push-button user interface which is provided into the SmartBob AO circuitry. To set up the SmartBob AO, the user opens the device to access the keypad and steps through a series of push-button settings to set the interval timer, units of measure, 4 mA and 20 mA drop distances, maximum drop distance, and the Relay 1 and 2 functions. Following this, the measurement data is directly sent to a PLC.
- BinView is a web-based bin monitoring solution which is suitable for tanks, bins, and silos. It consists of a wireless or wired data communications network, SmartBob2 or SmartBob-TS1 sensors, data collection software, and a gateway.
- eBob inventory management software is used for collecting data from storage bins. Authorized users can view the data through LAN network connections. The reports generated by the software can be used for enhancing operational efficiency and providing valuable real-time and historical data.
- Remote Start Unit (RSU) is used as a simple interface between a program logic controller (PLC) or distributed control system (DCS) and a single SmartBob remote. The RSU is also used for initiating a manual or timed measurement.
- SmartBob2 pipe extensions are used for lengthening the SmartBob seat through standoff pipes, and are fixed to the 3" NPT SmartBob2 mount.
- SmartBob wireless transceiver is a single-radio module which uses a 900 MHz frequency hopping spectrum technology. It helps in supporting RS-485 and RS-232 interfaces. It is available in NEMA 4X and indoor models, thus making it suitable for processing, storage or manufacturing applications.
- SmartBob2 Momentum Universal Communication Module (MUCM) includes a pre-loaded SmartBob2 application which is compiled and downloaded into its Flash memory. It does not require analog output and input cards.
- SmartBob control console is used for initiating and viewing measurements from several SmartBob2 sensors. The eBob software can be used for integrating the console into a network. The console is used for providing measurement readings from one up to 128 SmartBob remotes at a single location.
- SmartBob2 high temperature remote is used in applications where the process temperature is between 240°F and 500°F. The remote is placed away from the heat source using a stainless steel standpipe. Air is circulated through the mechanical cavity of the remote using a standard air purge nipple, thus maintaining an acceptable operating temperature.
- SmartBob analog expansion console interfaces with the C-100 SmartBob Control Console in order to provide 4-20mA outputs. A RS-485 cable can be used or connecting SmartBob analog expansion console and the C-100 SmartBob.
This video provides an overview about how the SmartBob2 level sensor works, eBob bin level monitoring software, control console communications options, and the benefits of continuous inventory management.
The BinMaster SmartBob2 is a "bob" or "weight and cable" based level measurement system designed to continuously monitor the level of powders and bulk solids in bins, tanks and silos.
Run Time - 11:27 minutes.