Acquisition of data is a very significant part of the product development process. It is important to understand how prototype components and vehicles behave on the proving ground ensuring through-life product performance.
The measurement of actual customer usage and operational data delivers feedback to the designers; however, it is not easy to acquire data. Data acquisition instruments and sensors are exposed to shock, vibration, dust, fluids and temperature extremes.
The SoMat eDAQ is built tough enough to withstand harsh environments. The SoMat eDAQ is a sealed stand-alone system developed to be mobile with 10-60 VDC input power and a 20G rated enclosure. It is possible to have hundreds of synchronous channels in a single system with superior signal conditioning for analog, digital I/O’s, vehicle bus, GPS and more. Infinite channel counts are available when networking this Ethernet-based system.
The specifications of the SoMat eDAQ are:
- Size: 9.2”W x 10.875”L x X”H (23cm W x 27.6cm L x Xcm H)
- Weight: X lbs (X kg)
- Temperature: -20°C to 65°C
- Connectors: Various
NOTE: X is a variable that is dependent on the configuration of the system.
- Vibration Tested: Swept sine tested from 5 to 2000 Hz @ 20 G’s
- Modular: Layers can be custom configured pending testing requirements
- Input Power: 10–60 V DC Fuses: 10 A, Automotive Mini-blade Internal Back-up Battery
- Sample Rates: Master Clock Rates 100 kHz = 0.1 Hz to 100 kHz 98.3 kHz = 0.1 Hz to 98,304 Hz
- Ethernet: 100 BaseT Serial: RS232 up to 115,200 baud
- Internal flash memory 256 MB Upgrades: 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB
- Eternal Memory: 1GB, 2GB Internal DRAM: Standard: 256MB.