HBM offers OptiMet single mode optical fibers with and without Bragg grating measurement function. The OptiMet systems provide singlemode optical fibers with integrated functional grids.
OptiMet-OMF is a singlemode optical fiber designed for use in laboratory applications. It includes 13 fiber Bragg gratings and enables fiber optic strain measurement with a defined gauge factor.
Similar to OptiMet-OMF, OptiMet-PKF is a singlemode optical fiber but includes an additional rugged coating. It has 13 fiber Bragg gratings and enables fiber optic strain measurement with a defined gauge factor. It is suitable for outdoor applications.
Bending radii of up to 2.5mm and 10mm are possible with OptiMet-OMF and OptiMet-PKF, respectively.
The main features of the Optimet are:
- Measurement of high strain values with excellent resistance to alternating loads.
- Multiple sensors in a single measuring chain.
- Immunity against electromagnetic fields and humid environments.
- Multiplexing capability.
- Faster and more cost-efficient installation per measuring point.
- Ideal for use in potentially explosive atmospheres.
The applications of the Optimet are:
- ESA - experimental stress analysis
- Regenerative energies
- Wind power.