MTII’s push-pull is an exclusive version of the Accumeasure sensor probes. In this design, each probe includes two capacitance sensors integrated within a probe body. These sensors are driven at the same voltage; however, a 180 degree phase shift exists between signals.
This shift enables the current path to pass across the surface of the target rather than via the target to ground, thus removing any inaccuracies produced by poorly grounded targets.
In addition, this technology can be used to measure highly resistive targets, enabling capacitance sensors to be utilized on semi-conducting and semi-insulating targets.
The main features of the ACCUMEASURE Push-Pull capacitance probes are:
- Accuracy: ±0.02% FSR or better
- Connector temperature rating: -65°C (-85°F) to 85°C(185°F)
- Cable and probe temperature rating: -130°C (-202°F) to 200°C (392°F) (see next page for high temperature probes)
- Probe and cable interchangeability: Accurate to within ± 0.5% without recalibration
- Standard amplifier filter bandwidth: 500Hz
- Optional filter bandwidth: 10Hz, 100Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz, 5kHz and 660Hz-Bessel
- Material: stainless steel construction, no active internal electronics
- Standard coax cable for integral lead type probes: 2.4m length
The applications of the ACCUMEASURE Push-Pull capacitance probes are:
- Semiconductor thickness
- Sheet metal thickness
- Photovoltaic wafer thickness
- Automotive brake rotor run-out
- Thickness variation
- Leveling or flatness measurements