The SP Lite2 Pyranometer is developed for routine measurement of solar radiation. It has been designed for solar energy or photovoltaic module monitoring, estimation of agricultural evapotranspiration, air pollution dispersion calculations using the Delta-T method, and for educational purposes.
It is possible to use the SP Lite2 under all weather conditions. The sensor determines the solar energy received from the entire hemisphere. It is suitable for the measurement of available energy for use in solar energy applications, plant growth, thermal convection and evapo-transpiration.
SP Lite2 makes use of a photodiode detector, which creates a voltage output that is proportional to the incoming radiation. The sensitivity of the SP Lite2 is proportional to the cosine of the angle of incidence of the incoming radiation, enabling accurate and consistent measurements.
The key features of the SP Lite2 are:
- SP Lite2 is easy to use. It can be directly connected to voltmeter or data logger.
- Direct readout in Watts per square meter (W/m²) can be derived from the measured voltage divided by the calibration coefficient. It is fitted with the Kipp & Zonen high quality yellow cable.
- SP Lite2 features adjustment screws and a bubble level integrated in the mounting flange for your convenience.
- A threaded hole in the body of the housing takes our accessory screw-in mounting rod.
- Two instruments can easily be bolted back-to-back and fitted with a mounting rod to make a simple albedometer.
- Features reliable all-weather performance.
- Enables routine measurement of solar radiation.