CMP 22 includes all the features of the CMP 21, but uses very high quality quartz domes for a wider spectral range, improved directional response, and reduced thermal offsets. Due to the high optical quality of these domes, the directional error is reduced below 5W/m². Kipp & Zonen is confident that CMP 22 is the best pyranometer currently available.
The key features of the CMP 22 pyranometer are:
- A waterproof socket is fitted for the signature yellow signal cable, which is available in a range of lengths pre-wired to the waterproof plug.
- The integral bubble level is raised to the top of the housing and can be viewed without removing the redesigned snap-on sun shield, which also covers the connector.
- The screw-in drying cartridge is easy to remove and the replacement desiccant is supplied in convenient refill packets.
- The Pyranometer does not require any power, it supplies a low voltage of 0-20mV in relation to the amount of incoming radiation.
- When a higher voltage level or a 4-20mA signal is required, the AMPBOX is the perfect solution.
- It is the most accurate pyranometer currently available.
- It has a negligible thermal gradient zero-offset.
- Lowest zero-offset due to FIR radiation.
- Broad spectral range 200-3600 nm and directional error less than 5 W/m².