Celera Motion offers the Optical Positioning Sensor (OPS) encoder system that comes with advanced positoning system features and delivers excellent performance. The OPS sensor features Celera Motion's patented optical design and includes integrated interpolation and AGC to guarantee optimal reliability and performance.
In order to reduce cabling and works, the OPS can be configured with cut-to-length linear tape and linear and rotary glass scales. This helps in reducing the total cost of ownership. A number of mounting options are available from Celera Motion. Additionally, a dual-purpose LED in the sensor indicates real-time alignment and system health and simplifies the installation process.
The main features of the Optical Positioning Sensor encoder system are:
- High resolution and accuracy
- Wide alignment tolerances
- Built-in interpolation and AGC
- Dual-purpose LED
- 100% optical index and limits reduce cabling and footprint
- Same sensor for tape and glass scales
- Flexible mounting configurations
- Intuitive tools
- Low cyclical error and low jitter
- Low power consumption.