The SP Lite2 is developed for routine measurement of solar radiation. It can be used in all types of weather conditions. The solar energy received from the entire hemisphere is measured by the sensor. It is suitable for the measurement of available energy to be used in solar energy applications, plant growth, thermal convection and evapo-transpiration.
SP Lite2 makes use of a photodiode detector, which creates a voltage output that is proportional to the incoming radiation. Due to the innovative diffuser design, its sensitivity is proportional to the cosine of the angle of incidence of the incoming radiation, enabling accurate and consistent measurements.
The key features of the SP Lite2 are:
- SP Lite2 is easy to use. It can be directly connected to voltmeter or data logger.
- Direct readout in Watts per square meter (W/m²) can be derived from the measured voltage divided by the calibration coefficient. It is fitted with the Kipp & Zonen high quality yellow cable.
- SP Lite2 features adjustment screws and a bubble level integrated in the mounting flange for your convenience.
- Suitable for routine measurement of solar radiation
- Reliable all weather performance.