The MPEL is a type of MEMS pellistor that has been manufactured for industrial applications. It has been designed for a new range of low-power and sturdy sensors for the detection of combustible gases (especially methane).
New process technologies have been integrated with optimized sensing and filter materials to realize outstanding performance compared to other currently available products. These sensors are capable of significantly reducing power (nearly 50%) during continuous operation.
The design of the micron silicon heater improves resistance to shock. It is made up of millimetre diced parts that allows the sensor size to be reduced and provides better flexibility.
The VQ548MP Pellistor is commonly used in mining applications. It is placed in a certified flameproof enclosure to ensure safety. The VQ548MP provides the basic sensor performance to enable a tool to meet the various (Group 1) mining performance standards.
The VQ548MP not only provides optimal methane response (up to 5% volume in air), but also identifies other flammable gases and vapours.
The main features of the MPEL MEMS Pellistor are:
- Small size (16x20mm)
- Compatible with tools using VQ500 type sensor
- ATEX/IECEx certified package
- High resistance to mechanical shocks
- Intrinsically safe
- Low orientation effect
- Low power (continuous operation typically 110mW)
- Excellent poison resistance to HMDS and H2S
- Miniature package MP-7217 – (14.4x6.7mm)
- Compatible packaging available for the current market sensors e.g. 4 series
- Enables stability performance, for very low power applications pulsed mode operation (10-20mW)
- ATEX, IECEx certified for ia and d