The FLIR PathFindIR II is a sophisticated thermal night vision camera that allows users to view road hazards clearly in complete darkness, irrespective of the vehicle they are driving or the road they are on. The thermal camera detects and alerts drivers about nearby people, vehicles and animals.
Headlights only allow users to see approximately 450' straight ahead, but the PathFindIR II thermal night vision system sees heat, not light and thereby enables users to view everything in front of them up to four times farther down the road. Users can see clearly regardless of day and night, or good or bad weather conditions without being blinded by the glare of oncoming headlights.
An automotive-qualified system, the PathFindIR II comes with a built-in automatic window heater. It is hermetically sealed and rated to IP-69. It utilizes 12VDC input power, and traditional NTSC video is output for compatibility with most displays or monitors.
The PathFindIR II is based on a 320x240 thermal camera system and provides a 24° field of view. FLIR recommends the Quark or Tau 2 for applications requiring narrower or wider fields of view, smaller packing volume, different AGC levels, digital zoom, color and higher resolutions.
The main features of the PathFindIR II thermal night vision camera are:
- Optimized lens: 24° FOV lens balances longer detection range with viewing of either side of road
- Small form factor: 2.6" × 3.4" × 3.2" enables integration into OEM systems or tight spaces
- High impact optic: Robust design ensures operability even in adverse conditions
- Optical heater: Automatically activates when temperature reaches 4°C, thus providing use in cold weather conditions
- Sealed design: IP69 rated, hermetically sealed offers additional protection in all weather conditions
- Resolution: 320×240 resolution provides sharp images and greater viewing distances
- Digital data and control sets: Provides OEMs with more functions and integration possibilities
The PathFindIR II thermal night vision camera is used in the following applications:
- Recreational vehicles
- Automotive and trucking OEMs