Sensirion has launched the SDP3x, which is the world's smallest differential pressure sensor. It offers superior precision and repeatability, even below 1 Pa. It also provides long-term stability.
The SDP3x sensor is reflow solderable, and provides prolonged functionality, such as smart averaging, interrupts and rapid sampling time of 2 kHz at 16 bit resolution. The novel sensor is an ideal choice for high volume and cost-sensitive applications where size is vital factor.
The main features of the SDP3x sensor are listed below:
- Smallest size measuring just 5 x 5 x 8mm, which facilitates new dimension of applications
- Calibrated and temperature compensated
- Measurement range ±500 Pa (±2 in. H2O)
- Digital I2C and analog output versions
- There is no drift and no zero-offset
- Rapid sampling time of 2 kHz at 16 bit resolution
- Reflow solderable, shipped in "tape and reel" for "pick and place"
The SDP3x can be applied in the following areas:
- Heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC)
- Medical home care applications
- Lifestyle and consumer products
- Portable medical devices
- Filter monitoring