The GD1 sets a new standard for toxic gas detection, and it delivers improved coverage and fail safe detection by using a tunable laser diode. The performance enhancement marks a genuine step change for life cycle cost savings and safety systems.
The GD1 has been designed with features that offer an efficient response to the detection of gas hazards in different industrial environments from wastewater treatment plants to offshore production facilities. At the heart of the detector is a tunable laser diode that prevents environmental effects from sun, fog and rain. Single absorption lines are scanned by the laser where there is no interference from other gases.
Unlike traditional methods for detecting H2S (MOS or EC cell), the GD1 requires no recalibration and is capable of replacing multiple standard detectors to cover the same risk. The complete optomechanical design and construction is so stable that an ultra fast speed of response can be attained while providing unparalleled detector stability and service life, thus saving on service and maintenance costs.
Supplied with worldwide hazardous area approvals, the GD1 is suitable for use in systems with SIL2 requirement.
- 5 years warranty
- Fastest possible speed of response
- No calibration, no zero-point drift
- HART (R) standard
- Large area covered with a single unit
- Separate transmitter and receiver concept
- Real cost savings within 2 years
- Non-consumptive technology
- Fail safe, with no sleeping affects
- Ideal for SIL2 applications
- No cross interference
- Low detection levels, suitable for personnel safety
- Negligible affects from atmospheric changes (fog, etc.)
- First Exd NIR Laser open path detector for H2S safety related applications