The S4000TH Intelligent Gas Sensor from MSA is a microprocessor-based transmitter built for use with General Monitors' thin film metal oxide semiconductor (TFMOS) sensors to detect H2S gas. The system features one-person calibration and can almost self-calibrate by just activating a magnetic switch and applying gas. It detects hydrogen sulfide in 0-20 parts per million (ppm), 0-50 ppm or 0-100 ppm levels over a broad temperature range.
- Complies with strict ISA S92.0.01, Part 1, 1998 performance standard set by ISA and approved by FM
- Event logging stores gas check, calibration, fault and alarm event history
- Industry standard 4-20 mA output for fault indication and remote alarm
- HART and Modbus communication offers full status and control capability in the control room
- Calibration, calibration check and setup mode make operation and maintenance simple
- Warning, alarm and fault relays provides local alarm capability
- Remaining sensor life indication decreases downtime by giving an estimate of remaining sensor life