A two-wire guided radar, the Impulse accurately measures Total Level, Distance or Volumetric outputs on all liquids and slurries. This is enabled via the field tested and proven TDR level (Time Domain Reflectometry) technology, which allows it to remain in stable operation when similar sensors would have failed.
Even in difficult environments that can cause agitated, or irregular surfaces, foam or coating of the probe, the Impulse will deliver reliable and accurate measurements. There are often conditions that make ultrasonic level or hydrostatic measurement difficult such as changes in density and dielectric properties, dust, vapor, and turbulence, but the radar will penetrate all of these to ensure reliable results.
Mechanical dispenser systems can be expensive, but with a large variety of probe types and material selections for every situation, the Impulse is the ideal replacement.
It is also both simple to install and to use. The setup takes five minutes, all that is required is the level measurement type and the operating language, with no calibration or setup of levels needed. After this the interface features are easy to navigate, with push-button configurations and HART communications.
The Impulse guided wave radar is intrinsically safe, explosion proof and non-incendive.
- Easy to use
- Dependable measurements regardless of disturbances
- No calibration necessary
- Low dielectric measurements down to a dielectric constant of 1.4, suitable for LPG/LNG service
- Approved for hazard use
- Two wire, HART or Modbus digital communication for Class I, Div. 1, Zone 0 installations
- Process temperature: -40 to +392 °F (-40 to 200 °C)
- Measuring range up to 15 m / 50 ft
- Power supply: 13 – 30 VDC, I.S. HART Version , 14 - 30 VDC, X.P. HART Version , 11-30 VDC, X.P. Modbus Version (400 mw max at 12 VDC)
Guided wave radar, Liquid level sensor, Fluid level sensor, Slurry level sensor, Level indicator, Tank level indicator, Tank level sensor, Water level sensor, Water level switch, Level gauge, Level transmitter
Request more information to see how we can help you with a guided wave radar that suits your need.