The KMA36 from TE is a very reliable universal magnetic position sensor IC to handle precise rotational or linear measurement with a resolution up to 0.04°.
- Product type : Contactless rotational and linear encoder
- Typical operating voltage (V): 3–5.5
- Package : TSSOP20
- Sensing range : 0–180°, 0–360°
- Signal output : Analog
The KMA36 digital position sensor IC integrates a magnetoresistive element together with analog to digital converter and signal processing in a typical small TSSOP package. By employing Anisotropic Magneto Resistive (AMR) technology, the KMA36 is can establish accurately and contactless the magnetic angle of an external magnet over 360°, besides the incremental position on a magnetic pole strip with 5 mm pole length.
Its sleep and low power mode and automatic wakeup over I2C make the KMA36 suitable for a number of battery applications. Position data can be conveyed using a PWM or digital two-wire (SDA, SCL) communication bus. Applying the programmable parameters of this digital position sensor, users can have access to a wide variety of configuration parameters to guarantee the maximum of freedom and functionalities.
- Contactless absolute 360° (180°) angle measurement
- Programmable zero position
- Programmable resolution up to 13 bit (0.04°)
- User programmable parameters
- High-accuracy mode
- Very low hysteresis
- Incremental mode
- Linear mode
- Low power mode
- Standard I2C Interface (100 kHz)
- Sleep and automatic wake-up over I2C
- Small Pb-Free package (TSSOP20)
- Device address hardware configurable
- For applications in harsh environments
- RoHS compliant