The PGF-30 offered by International Gas Detectors is a next generation gas interlock and detection system that also functions for ventilation interlock purposes. As an ideal tool for various gas interlock requirements, the PGF-30 is a cost-effective solution that can have as many as 24 detectors on a single addressable cable.
Unlike many other gas interlock panels currently available on the market today, the PGF-30 does not require a key switch or keypad to unlock or lock the gas proving function. Instead of requiring these types of functionality components, the PGF-30 instead relies on modern technology in the form of RFID (contactless) cards.
- RFID Access: No keys or codes to remember, issue swipe cards to your authorized staff, giving you effective access control. Utilizing different cards for different access levels.
- High and Low-pressure ranges: Using Direct Pressure readings for lab gases and kitchens
- Clear color changing RGB display: Provides users with reliable live gas and pressure readings
- Built-in E-stop
- All functional components, of which include gas Interlock, ventilation interlock and gas detection, are incorporated into a single panel
- Improves security and reliability
- Cost-effective solution
- Up to 24 detectors on one addressable (networked) cable
- Does not require additional panels
- Internal Sounder
- Optional In and Out of hours function
- Gas proving function is only initiated during those specific hours
- Connect to wider BMS, Fire systems or Modbus supported systems
- Uses a direct pressure sensor
- Learns the system
- UK Manufactured and local support
Advantages of a Gas Interlock System
The PGF-30 is a modular solution that can be used to improve the safety conditions in both commercial kitchens and/or laboratory procedures that require gases. This is attributed to the specific design of this device that meets the requirements of the latest IGEM gas safety standards, especially when flame failure devices are not present.
The PGF-30 gas interlock system is also an ideal tool that can be used for any gas pressure range in school laboratories, Universities and research laboratories. By determining the integrity of the gas pipeline pressure prior to the start of each day, the PGF-30 functions through the use of several pressure transducers that allow this device to measure direct pressure rather than weep bypass modes.
Note that weep bypass systems often depend on precise pressure switch settings, which are typically prone to malfunction and setup errors. Direct pressure transducers instead measure the actual system static by running pressures for precise leak detection. Typical measuring ranges include:
- 0-50 mBar
- 0-1000 mBar
- 0-10 Bar
Benefits of RFID over Dated Technologies
- Limited Access to Panels: Only designated staff can initiate the gas proving cycle, thereby improving safety accountability for the system
- Different Cards Access Levels
- User Operation Only
- Setup Access
- Engineer Access
- No Password Handling: Easier and simpler to use as compared to technologies that require the user to find the correct password/key
- Zoning Available: Multiple codes available, thereby allowing panels zoned according to specific laboratory control purposes
- Demonstrate Competency: The gas interlock panel can only be serviced when the MASTER card, which is only given to IGD-trained engineers, is being used.
Benefits of Addressable Gas Detection on the Same Panel
With gas detection present on the same panel, a complete safety system is provided to the user without requiring any additional monetary investments into multiple control panels.
- Easier Staff Training: Simplifies and improves the simplicity of both operation and owner operator training
- Reduced Installation Costs: All addressable detectors are on one continuous and networked cable highway
- Range of Service Software: This software allows the engineer to accurately calibrate and confirm all calibration work on the apps/programs, thereby limiting the amount of potential calibration errors to ensure a safer work zone for the client.
- Increased Safety/security: Self-checking software automatically checks both the sensors and cable highway for any errors. Any problems are immediately reported to the user. Direct sensor connectivity eliminates the need for any analog signals.
- Enhanced safety: Through controller integration. No need to interface to different units which would increase the possibility of errors.
- Fewer False Alarms
- All communication is on a digital network, thereby eliminating the use of any dated analog signals.
- All addressable sensors have far fewer false alarms than traditional analog systems would have.
- A wide range of sensors available for over 400 gases
How does the PGF-30 Gas Interlock Panel Work?
The gas interlock panel proves the integrity of the downstream kitchen/lab gas supply by introducing a small amount of gas and then monitoring the pressure to ensure that the system is fully leak tight.
When the gas interlock panel establishes the secure state of the system, the main supply is switched on. If the pressure falls below the pre-set levels, the system will alert the user to manually check for any leaks or unusual gas usage.
Gas Alarms – Flow Failure – E-Stop Activation?
Any of these ancillary inputs will alarm on the controller and shut off the gas supply.
Available Sensor Types
- Flow Probe Sensor
- Pressure Sensor
Gas Detection and Gas Interlock System - PGF-30
Gas Detection and Gas Interlock System - PGF-30 - Picture 1
Gas Detection and Gas Interlock System - PGF-30 - Picture 2
Gas Detection and Gas Interlock System - PGF-30 - Picture 3