The T24-BSu is a wireless telemetry USB base station that is required for all T24 modules. This base station is further simplified by the free T24 Toolkit software for Windows supplied upon purchase. All data can be captured by this base station from an unlimited number of T24 transmitter modules to provide a wireless data logger.
The T24-BSu integral antenna provides a wireless range of up to 500 meters (1,640 feet) in an open field site. The T24-BSi can also be made available with a different antenna that provides a wireless range of up to 600 meters (2,600 feet).
Note that the T24-BSu is available with both RS232 and RS485 interfaces. Software developers can utilize a standard Windows DLL and COM driver to collect data from the T24 transmitter modules.
The license-free 2.4 GHz direct sequence spread spectrum (DSSS) radio telemetry technology provides users with high integrity and error-free communication capabilities. All DSSS features are available with other wireless technologies including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth®, Zigbee®, ETSI, FCC and IC approvals.
Telemetry Radio Base Station (T24-BSu) Features
- Wirelessly transmits data from the T24 transmitter modules
- Configures any T24 Telemetry module through USB
- Powered by USB
- Wireless range can reach up to 500 m (1,640 ft)
- Miniature desktop or wall mount available with IP50 enclosure
- 100 channel logging and mapping software
- Allows data to be viewed from T24-SA, T24-VA or T24-IA
- Provides users with the ability to log into a CSV file
- What is the function of the USB and industrial T24 base stations?
Both the USB and Industrial T24 base stations provide users with a PC interface that collects data from any transmitter module within the respective ranges. Furthermore, both base stations configure all devices in the T24 range.
- How is the industrial base station different compared to the USB base station?
The industrial base station provides USB, RS232 and RS485 interfaces at multiple baud rates. The industrial base station module can also be DIN rail mounted.
- How many transmitter modules can be acquired by the base stations?
Every base station can utilize one of the 15 channels. From this selection, a base station can simultaneously collect data from any number of transmitter modules. This choice is dependent upon the frequency of readings that have been provided by the transmitter module.
- What is the difference between the T24-SO Serial Output and T24 Base Stations?
The T24-SO collects data from up to 8 transmitter modules, whereas the T24-SO Serial Output provides a user-configurable ASCII string that can contain the summed value of the gathered data. Through the use of this output, users can drive serial displays, printers or simply feed data directly into a PC, PLC or other transmitter systems.
All base stations communicate in a bi-directional manner, thereby ensuring their configuration to the devices and in gathering data. The communications protocol is binary and packet-based, thereby requiring processing to allow for data to be presented to the application in a formatted manner.
- How many T24 transmitter modules can be controlled by a single USB base station at one time?
All data is provided to a user at a determined rate during the configuration set up. Base stations are used to gather data from any number of transmitter modules, as long as they are on the same channel. The number of modules that a single base station can process depends on the transmission frequency from the transmitter modules of that channel.
- Can base stations integrate to other communication protocols?
When the DLL and COM driver that has been provided with the T24 Tool Kit is used, users can create tunneling between the data that has been provided by the base station, the PC and other communication protocols.
- Once a transmitter module is configured, does it require regular connections to the base station?
No, once a transmitter module is configured, it will remain stable throughout the base station’s lifetime, as long as the operating limits are not exceeded.
- Can multiple stations be connected to a single PC?
Only one T24-BSu or T24-BSue can to a single PC. There are more complex setups that can with the T24-BSI; however, the appropriate DLL driver file must be downloaded to allow this to occur.
USB Powered Wireless Telemetry Base Station
Wireless telemetry USB radio base station required for the configuration of all T24 acquisition modules
A complete collection of T24 wireless base station options