This OEM wireless strain gauge sensor transmitter module provides measurement system for strain gauge, pressure, linear displacement, load cell and other 4 wire bridge sensors. Providing direct mV/V input and 5 V bridge excitation for up to 4 load cells. The miniature T24-SA size allows for the option of embedding within the sensor housing.
The low power modes allow this module to ‘power down’ between transmissions. Similarly, the module can also be ‘powered off’ completely and controlled by other T24 products, such as the handheld displays or base station. The T24-SA can be configured to last several years on 2 alkaline AA batteries, 2 x NiMH batteries or 1 x 3 V lithium battery.
High accuracy and low noise measurement electronics deliver high resolution and low drift results, all of which can be user calibrated over 9 points to allow for linearization and results to be delivered in user definable engineering units. All results can be transmitted at rates of up to 200 per second and two other T24 devices, such as handheld displays, analog outputs, base stations, etc.
While the T24-SA can be used without any OEM solution, such as by creating a wireless load cell by embedding the module, various enclosure options are also available. To configure and calibrate the T24-SA, the free T24 Toolkit software, which runs on a PC connected to a T24 base station, can be used.
The integral antenna allows for a wireless range of up to 600 meters (1,969 feet) to be achieved, whereas the external antenna allows for a wireless range of up to 800 meters (2,600 feet) at an open field site.
The license-free 2.4 GHz direct sequence spread spectrum (DSSS) radio telemetry technology provides users with high integrity and error-free communication capabilities. All DSSS features are available with other wireless technologies including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth®, Zigbee®, ETSI, FCC and IC approvals.
Module transmits and receives giving:
- Full error detection and correction
- Data Encryption for complete security (128 bit AES)
- Calibration and configuration is achieved through radio telemetry
- Ability to be switched from sleep to operating mood through radio telemetry
- mV/V calibration is stored within the module
- Remote battery check
- Wireless strain gauge to radio telemetry converter
- Miniature PCB can easily fit inside sensors
- Low power mode
- Remote power ‘on’ and ‘off’
- Achieves high speed rates of up to 200 updates per second
- License-free 2.4 GHz transmissions
- Simple wireless configuration and calibration
- Antenna provides a wireless range of up to 800 meters (2,600 feet)
- Available enclosure options:
Wireless Strain Gauge to Radio Telemetry Sensor Transmitter Module
This wireless interface provides a high performance measurement system for strain gauge, pressure, load cell, linear displacement and other 4 wire bridge sensors.
Miniature OEM strain gauge acquisition board next to an AA battery for scale.
Enclosure options for the wireless strain sensor, the miniature size allows for the option of embedding within sensor housing