The wireless wind speed transmitter (Anemometer) T24-WSS is built on Mantracourt’s T24 2.4 GHz wireless technology and works alongside any T24 device such as base stations, handheld displays, analog output, relay modules, GPRS data loggers, computer interfaces, etc. Data transmitted by the T24-WSS can be received by several T24 receivers and displays.
By constantly monitoring average wind speed through the use of its low power mode between transmission periods, the T24-WSS provides users with an exceptional battery life in excess of 12 months in the field. Furthermore, this module is capable of achieving a wireless range that reaches up to 800 meters (2,600 feet), while also being supplied to the user pre-calibrated.
Some of the features of the T24-WSS include a high quality 3-cup rotor, which is kept within a rugged enclosure, that provides rolling average wind speeds within the measurement range of 5 mph to 125 mph. In addition, this module also measures gusts at user-defined periods of 1, 3, 5 or 10 seconds.
All wind speed measurements can be made available in the following units: m/s, fps, mph, km/h or kn. All output values are pre-calibrated and can also be easily configured to the user’s specific needs.
- 0.5 mph from 5 to 10 mph
- ±4% from 10 to 125 mph
The T24-WSS is powered either from internal batteries or an external supply. For applications which require high sampling rates for long periods Mantracourt’s Power Pack1 and Solar Panel1 (PP1 & SP1) offer an ideal solution.
Wireless wind speed transmitter side view
T24-WSS (Anemometer) Product Features
- Highly accurate measurement capabilities
- Output Units:
- Average wind speed is constantly monitored
- Gusts are measured at user defined periods
- Wireless range is achieved at up to 800 meters (2,600 feet)
- Variable sampling
- Low power mode allows for exceptional battery life in excess of 1 year
- Powered by internal batteries (2 x D Cells) or external power supply
- Quick and simple installation
- Pre-calibrated and configured
- Robust fixing bracket
- IP67 rated case dimensions: 164 x 84 x 57 mm (excluding glands)
- One year warranty
- Wireless data is provided to T24 receivers
- Can be used with various accessories to allow for a wireless wind speed system that is ideal for lifting and handling industries
- T24-WSSp: pivot bar wind speed sensor
- T24-DWS: in-cab display
- What units of measurement can be displayed by the T24-WSS?
The T24-WSS can measure wind speeds in feet per second, miles per hour and kilometer per hour.
- What batteries are used by the T24-WSS?
The T24-WSS uses 2 x D cell batteries.
- What is the measurement range of the T24-WSS?
The wind speed sensor measures ±4% from 10 to 125 mph.
- What is the wireless transmission range of the T24-WSS?
The wireless transmission range of the T24-WSS can reach up to 800 meters (2,600 feet).
- What temperature does the wind speed sensor work in?
- Operating temperature range: -20 °C to 55 °C
- Storage temperature range (without batteries): -40 °C to 85 °C
- Maximum humidity: 95% RH
- What is the windspeed range of the T24-WSS sensor?
The windspeed can achieve a range of up to 800 meters within its line of sight.
- What is the IP rating of the T24-WSS?