The most sophisticated rotary level indicator from BinMaster incorporates a complete fail-safe system that provides alerts in case of motor failure, electronics failure, or power loss – enabling it to be used for process control. The MAXIMA+ is suitable for a broad range of bulk solids including pellets, powders, or granular materials, and alerts users to bin status through light wired to the unit or an audible horn.
It provides a notification when the paddle stops rotating and is in a covered condition; it gives an alert again when the paddle starts rotating as the bin is cleared and the paddle is uncovered.
The MAXIMA+ can be attached either to the side of the bin or at the top of a bin with the help of a shaft extension. In order to extend the life of the motor and to optimize energy costs, the motor of the MAXIMA+ will “de-energize” after the shaft stops rotating when the material makes contact with the paddle. BinMaster provides a range of polyethylene and stainless steel paddles in single and three-vane designs to house an extensive variety of industries and applications.
- Offers reliable point level detection for bulk solids such as pellets, powders, and granular materials
- Used in silos, bins, conveyors, and chutes
- Material density from 2 lb/cu. ft. to more than 100 lb/cu. ft.
- Can be used with seed, feed, food, grain, gravel, sand, aggregates, concrete, plastics, coal, chemicals, and several other materials
- Visual LED shows the status of sensor such as covered, uncovered, and error conditions
- Microprocessor-based fail-safe indicator prevents spills and process shortages from motor failures, gear failures, or power failures
- Monitors normal and error conditions
- Four-bearing drive shaft assembly decreases wear and improves reliability
- De-energizing motor for prolonged operational life
- Internal, bi-directional clutch
- Triple thread screw-off cover
- Interchangeable with other rotaries
- Multiple voltages
- Modifiable sensitivity
- Powder-coated finish
- Approvals and certifications: CSA/US Class II, Groups E, F, and G
Ex II 1/2D c Ex tb IIIC T138C Db (Ta = -20C to +85C)
- Power requirements: 24/115/230 VAC, 50/60 Hz; 12/24 VDC, 60/35 mA
- Status indicator relay: SPDT 10 Amp, 250 VAC (solid state relays optional)
- Output relay: DPDT 10 A, 250 VAC
- Process temperature: Up to 400 °F (204 °C)
- Ambient operating temperature: -40 °F to +185 °F (-40 °C to +85 °C)
- Pressure: 1/2 µm, 30 PSI
- Enclosure: Die cast aluminum, USDA approved powder coat finish
- Enclosure type: NEMA 4X, 5, 9, and 12
- Shaft and components: Stainless steel
- Conduit connection: 3/4" NPT
- Mounting: 1-1/4" NPT