SafeSonic 25-L Level Transmitter is an intrinsically safe (IS) ultrasonic level transmitter from Senix Corporation. The transmitter is CSA-rated for Class I Division 1 hazardous areas in the United States and Canada.
The transmitter has a maximum range of 25 ft (7.62 m), and is commonly used for tank level measurement. However, the transmitter can also be used for other dangerous area applications like measuring the roll diameter on coating machinery.
The sensing element in the transmitter is resistant to chemicals, and the electrical connection is a two-wire, loop-powered 4–20 mA output. The SafeSonic 25-L is pre-calibrated from 1 to 25 ft, but with optional accessories, it can be user-calibrated to other ranges.
- Robust piezoelectric ultrasonic transducer
- Intrinsically safe design
- Two-wire, 4–20 mA current loop-powered
- UV resistant, potted-in cable or 4-pin M12 connector
- Chemically resistant PVDF lower body
- Top or bottom NPT mounting threads
- Potted for wet and dirty applications
- Non-contact measurement
- Certified for unsafe environments in the United States and Canada
- Low energy and low wiring cost
- Can be used to measure a variety of liquid chemicals
- Simple mounting with basic threads
- Dependable operation in dirty and wet environments
- Output proportional to level, distance, or volume
- Calibration range of 4–20 mA
- Seven-point linearization
- No target response
- Temperature compensation on/off (default is on)
- Update rate
It is possible to configure the SafeSonic ultrasonic level transmitters for unsafe environments, to offer volume outputs for non-linear tank shapes or flow outputs for weirs and flumes.
Level Transmitter Part Numbers
||Level Transmitter Part Number
||4-pin M12 male connector, A code
||Description (see Accessories links below)
||Remote Configuration Device for SafeSonic 25-L when used with SenixSAFE-L software.
Level Transmitter Specifications
||1 to 25 feet (0.31 to 7.62 meters)
||+/-0.25% of detected range
||4-20 mA, 2-wire loop powered
||-40° to 140 °F (-40° to 60 °C)
||0 to 100% operating
||Internal temperature compensation
||15 Seconds avg. (SenixSAFE-L adjustable)
|Hazardous Area Certifications
||Class I, Div. 1, Groups C & D, T3
Class I, Zone 0, AEx iA IIB, T3
Ex ia IIB, T3
||3/4 in NPT thread
||2-in NPT thread
||Transducer: PVDF (Kynar); Housing: PC/PBT
||1.5 lbs. (0.68 kg) (with 6-ft cable)
Specifications are subject to change without notice.