The BM-TSM available from BinMaster is a patented, mercury-free tilt switch designed for high-level detection of bulk solids and powders contained in tanks, bins, or silos. This tilt switch has C/US Class II, Division I Groups E, F, and G and ATEX Zone 21 hazardous location approvals.
The BM-TSM tilt switch can be fitted on top of the vessel. It is equipped with a tailor-made shaft ranging in length from 1 foot up to 8 feet, based on the distance from the top of the bin for which an alert should be triggered.
The BM-TSM has been designed with either a sphere or paddle attached at the end of the shaft. It can be used in materials with a bulk density of at least 15 pounds per cubic foot.
Video Credit: BinMaster
- High-level detection of bulk solids and powders in tanks, bins, and silos
- Suitable for dangerous settings where there is a hazard of explosive dust
- Can be mounted over a conveyor belt
- Can be mounted on the top of the bin instead of using a lengthy rotary
- Ideal for materials with a bulk density of no less than 15 lb./cu. ft.
- Patented, non-powered pendulum design for fixed mounting
- Mercury-free, easy to set up and run
- Triggers an alarm when material rises and tilts the switching mechanism 15°.
- Shafts in tailored lengths from 1 foot up to 8 feet
- Dual conduit entries enable easy wiring
- Installed using a 1-1/4″ NPT process connection
- Available with either a sphere or paddle
- C/US Class II, Division I Groups E, F, and G and ATEX Zone 21 hazardous location approvals
- Conveys an alert status to a light, horn, or control panel