Process Sensors Corporation has introduced a web profiling system called the Guardian-HD. The system supports process optimization by precisely quantifying moisture and coating thickness, offering a comprehensive zoned web profile of wide or narrow webs.
By visually detecting production inefficiencies, users can reduce start-up times and waste and achieve a rapid return on investment. In addition, intuitive graphical displays in the Guardian-HD offer crucial production insight for instant detection of out-of-specification products.
Reliable Performance for Challenging Converting Applications
The latest Guardian-HD web profiling system has been specifically developed to work reliably in complex conditions that are often found in paper and converting processes with the latest robust linear actuator and a sealed industrial frame.
Coat weight and moisture can be measured on several substrates, such as film, paper, labels, tapes, tags, release liners, and textiles. The Guardian-HD web profiling system is typically employed in the following applications:
- Dry end organic coat weight
- Wet end water-based coat weight
- Hot melt and film thickness
- Re-moisturizers (water decks, steam curtains, and LAS)
- Exit and inlet dryer moisture
Reduce Waste, Improve Quality, and Maintain Consistent Web Profile
The Guardian-HD systems are fast, precise, reliable, and require only minimal maintenance. The systems offer a non-destructive, non-contact, on-line measurement and are not affected by variations in product temperature, relative humidity, temperature, and ambient light.
The Guardian-HD Near Infrared (NIR) systems also provide the following benefits and advantages:
- Easily link to local alarms or closed-loop control systems
- Minimize lay flat and edge curl problems
- Streamlined calibration, operation, and standardization
- Reduce manual start-up times by around 20% by preventing the requirement for time-intensive laboratory testing and modifications
- NIR technology is different from X-ray systems and does not pose a health hazard to employees
- Output options include 4-20 mA and popular communication protocols
Choose Guardian-HD—Elite or Essential
All Guardian-HD systems come with a local touchscreen display, an NIR smart sensor, and an industrial scanning frame for cross-direction web profiling.
Elite Web Profiling System
Robust features and the potential to track and manage one or multiple lines at the same time
The Elite Guardian-HD Web Profiling System links a local display as well as 19″ Windows®-based PC at a central console. For tracking various line profiles at a single central console, larger displays are also available.
- Windows®-based 19″ touch screen industrial PC with pre-installed, proprietary ViewerSuite software
- Central tracking of both single and multiple Guardian-HD systems
- Sophisticated roll reporting and raw data logging capabilities for audits and traceability:
- Automatic synchronization of roll reports to local network
- Web scan average and separate zone measurements
- Comprehensive roll recording such a measurement value, time, date, product name, length, etc.
- Easy-to-read 5.7″ local touch screen for troubleshooting and calibration
- Up to 100 individual zones across the web
- Designated lane as well as machine direction measurements and trending
- Up to 100 product recipe codes can be stored
Essential Web Profiling System
Intuitive operator interface enables single-line control and monitoring
The Essential Guardian-HD Web Profiling System links to a 12″ operator interface for easy profile display and controls.
- Raw data logging capabilities with export to .txt, .xml, or .csv
- Easy-to-read 12″ high-resolution non-Windows®-based display
- Single-scanner operation
The PSC Advantage
Process Sensors has extensive industry knowledge and dedication to its customers’ long-term success. This ensures that customers receive the most optimal product for their particular application and get complete support whenever they need it, both during and after installation.