TeraRanger Evo Mini is the lightest and smallest addition to the TeraRanger Evo sensor range and offers value for money and flexible performance. The Evo Mini has been improved for indoor distance sensing, providing ranging capabilities varying from 3 cm up to 3.3 m.
Users can easily switch from single-pixel to multi-pixel modes and adjust according to their sensing requirements. The Evo Mini includes a strong ABS enclosure for enhanced safety. Users can also benefit from Arduino & Raspberry Pi sample codes and free ROS nodes to get their projects up and working instantly.
Meet TeraRanger Evo Mini - Small, lightweight and low-cost ToF sensor
Key Product Features
- Infrared Time-of-Flight technology
- Users can choose from 1, 2, or 4 pixel modes
- Enhanced for indoor measurements—varying from just 0.03 m to 3.3 m
- High performance versus price ratio
- Low power consumption—ideal for battery-powered IoT projects
- Users can choose from UART, USB, and I2C clip on, interchangeable interfaces
- Lightweight and small size design—just 9 g (including the backboard)
- Compatible with ROS, Raspberry Pi, and Arduino
Applications Users can Build with Time-of-Flight Distance Measurement Sensor Modules
Presence, movement direction detection.
Basic gesture recognition.
Anti-collision for mobile robotics.
Stock level monitoring (shelves, silos, etc.).
Precision landing for indoor drones.
Choose from 1, 2, or 4 Pixel Modes—All in One Sensor Module
Three built-in pixel modes enable users to handle a range of indoor sensing applications:
- 1 pixel mode—Developed for detection of presence, level tracking, and other single-point distance measurement applications
- 2 pixel mode—Two zones can be used to execute basic gesture recognition and simple bi-directional movement detection
- 4 pixel mode—A 2 x 2 pixel configuration renders it simple to detect variations in stock material surface, for example, using four zones
Users can Adapt Performance to Fit Their Needs
- For every single- and multi-pixel operating mode, users can select between two ranging modes.
- In the long-range mode, users can benefit from the highest detection abilities up to 3.3 m, while the close-range mode (varying from 0.03 m to 1.35 m) provides a higher update rate and enhanced precision.
- The TeraRanger Evo Mini offers 2 ranging modes and 3-pixel modes, thus providing 6 possible configuration options to adapt simply and rapidly to users’ indoor sensing requirements.
Users can Build Their Own Sensor Arrays with Easy-to-Assemble Kits!
Terabee assists users who need to detect obstacles from several angles instantly.
The TeraRanger Evo Mini Array kits enable users to develop multi-sensor applications. They can select from kits with 4 or 8 sensor modules. Every kit features a TeraRanger Evo Hub and compatible interface backboards for quick, plug-and-play prototyping of tailored sensor arrays. The Hub includes a crosstalk avoidance system and outputs data through a USB connector or single UART.
Product Design Optimized for OEM and Easy Integration
Users can integrate the Evo Mini in a simple manner. The lens cover’s shoulder design renders the discreet mounting simple and fast, while the low power consumption (25–75 mA) is ideal for battery-powered systems.
In contrast to other proximity sensors with open electronics in the same price range, Evo Mini includes a strong ABS enclosure for enhanced safety.
Ready, Set, Code!
TeraRanger Evo Mini features comprehensive software support, such as Arduino and Raspberry Pi sample codes and ROS nodes, to assist with mobile robotics applications. In addition, the Evo Mini includes a free graphical user interface that allows users to stream distance data through USB to a Windows PC.
Enabling Low-Cost Level Sensing With TOF!
The Evo Mini is well suited to measure material fill level in tanks, bins, or other containers. Users can track the fill level as close as 3 cm from the sensor lens, and up to 3.3 m. They can benefit from a huge coverage area (27° field of view) and utilize the multi-pixel abilities to identify easily whether more material gets piled up on one side of the container.
The economical and compact design of the sensors assists OEM and design-in projects, while the low power consumption is perfect for battery-operated integrations.