The Falco fixed VOC Gas Detector, Diffused model, is a fixed VOC gas detector that eradicates false readings that hinder other competing technology while offering continuous detection of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) in hazardous areas.
The Falco Diffused instrument is perfect for detecting VOCs across industry premises, such as refineries and petrol chemical facilities.
Falco - Fixed gas detector
Video Credit: Ion Science
Falco Diffused, fixed VOC gas detector has an Intrinsically Safe sensor that is located externally for swift, easy servicing that does not require a hot work permit. Dual certification means that Falco can be calibrated and serviced in a hazardous environment without the need to remove power.
Both the Pumped and Diffused standard Falco models come equipped with a 10.6 eV lamp, enabling a wide range of instrument detection in relation to VOC gases. There are 4 detection ranges available on this fixed gas detector; these include 0 – 10 ppm, 0 – 50 ppm, 0 – 1000 ppm and 0 – 3000 ppm.
The Falco TAC utilizes a 10.0 eV lamp on both the pumped TAC and diffused TAC models to identify Total Aromatic Compounds (TACs), which focus on benzene. The Falco TAC is equipped with a detection range of 0 – 50 ppm.
- Advanced sensor performance dramatically reduces drift & downtime
- The only VOC detector explicitly designed for extreme weather
- Typhoon technology stops condensation forming with the PID
- Eradicates false readings found with competing PID technology
- Ex d approved
- Fitted with long-life lamp for one year continuous use
- Multi-coloured status display with 20 meter visibility in sunlight
- Diffused unit ideal for detecting VOCs and TACs in areas such as refineries and petrol chemical facilities
- Falco diffused can be mounted almost everywhere
- Four detection ranges available
- Pumped and diffused models available
- Selectable response factor for varying VOC selection
Source: Ion Science
|Detection ranges and
10.6 eV lamp fitted*
|10.0 ppm, 0.001 ppm
50.0 ppm, 0.01 ppm
1000 ppm, 0.1 ppm
3000 ppm, 1 ppm
|Detection ranges and
10.0 eV lamp fitted*
|50.0 ppm, 0.01 ppm
|Response Time (T90)
||Diffused models: <30 seconds**
||±5% or ±1 digit
||OLED high contrast white on black: 128 x 64 pixels
Screen size: 35 mm (w) x 17.5 mm (h)
5 magnetic switches with LED confirmation (up, down, left, right and enter)
||Bright visible status indicator: RED, AMBER, GREEN
||4 – 20 mA
2 programmable relays
RS 485 Modbus
|Operational Temperature: – 40 to 50 °C 0-100% RH and condensing humidity
Storage temperature: – 40 to 60 °C
||Main Unit: IP65
Sensor Head: IP65
||Working voltage: 12 to 40 Vdc
Typical 2 W, Max 7 watts
|2 x cable entry points with 3/4″ NPT threads (left and right)
||2 x M8
205 (h) x 191 (w) x 125 (d) mm
||EMC Directive 2014/30/EU
||II 2G db ib IIC T4 Gb
Class 1, Div 1 Groups ABCD T4
* All specifications quoted are at calibration point and under the same ambient conditions.
Specifications are based on isobutylene calibration at 20 °C and 1000 mBar.
** When set to continuous measurement
Modbus® is a registered trademark of Schneider Electric
Falco Diffused, Fixed VOC Gas Detector – Accessories and Replacement Parts
The Falco fixed VOC gas detector is compatible with a range of accessories and replacement parts, please contact ION for further information or to make an order.