ams (SIX: AMS), a leading worldwide supplier of high performance sensor solutions, will showcase several industry-first technologies for mobile devices at MWC 2019 in Barcelona later this month. Digital transformation influences every existing business model and the emerging use case scenarios of tomorrow depend on the combination of sensor technology and the promise of 5G, so ams is investing to drive innovation in sensor solutions on behalf of its many customers in the mobile industry.
ams customers will experience ground-breaking sensor solutions for mobile, computing and consumers. This includes: highly advanced 3D technology for smart phones, computing, automotive
and robotics; behind OLED solutions for bezel-less phones; color sensors that enhance pictures to professional levels; the tiny, yet powerful earbud technology for a relaxing ANC experience (digital and analog) and medical-grade wearable devices that monitor blood pressure. The company will also showcase how this technology can be used in white goods, industrial and automotive areas. Show visitors can see how ams advances in industry-leading 3D technology will be used in the specialized applications of tomorrow: from solid-state LiDAR to 3D car access and commands, to 3D solutions and advanced hearing for Robotics and AI.
“We invest to remain at the forefront of technology to create new market trends, and what we are showing at MWC is the result: ground-breaking sensor solutions touch every aspect of people’s
lives to make things simpler, more autonomous, and fun,” says Alexander Everke, CEO at ams. “Our solutions help our customers differentiate their brands, while providing real ‘fun-factor’ ingredients that excite users of new technology.”
‘Sensing is Life’ Exhibition Suites at MWC19 – industry-dedicated innovation showcases
Visit ams exhibition suites at Exhibition Center Fira Barcelona Gran Via, where the company´s showcase includes:
Mobile, consumer and computing:
- All three major 3D technologies: Active Stereo, Structured Light and Time of Flight demonstrations for multiple applications.
- Behind OLED Technology: Developed by ams to enable accurate ambient light, color and proximity sensing solutions to operate behind OLED displays used in next-generation mobile handsets.
- The industry’s slimmest proximity/color sensor module: For bezel-less smartphone designs.
- 1D Time of Flight sensors: For accurate proximity sensing and distance measurement.
- High-Performance Color Spectral Sensing Solutions: For distance and color matching, skin tone and color measurement and CCT.
- Digital Active Noise Cancellation (ANC): Here you will get to experience the upcoming AS3460 solution which reduces background noise while enhancing the listening experience for the wearer in any environment.
- Analog Active Noise Cancellation (ANC): ams confirms its leadership in analog ANC by demonstrating our latest consumer headsets. You will experience the excellent acoustic performance and low power consumption at an affordable price.
- POW:COM: ams will demonstrate innovative interface technology which enables power and communication between a true wireless earbud and a charging cradle over a two-wire connection for Android-based systems.
- Wireless Earbuds: To experience True Wireless Stereo (TWS) from ams, the TMD2635 addresses the “in-ear detection” function in a small package with low power usage.
- The world’s smallest camera: NanEyeM and NanEyeXS: Miniature, high-resolution CMOS image sensors for medical and industrial use, as well as other applications.
- Latest Bio Sensor Innovations: For control and vital signs monitoring (heart rate, blood pressure, stress levels).
- High-performance Color Spectral Sensors for water monitoring as well as Environmental Sensor Solutions for air quality monitoring.