Master Bond offers unique polymer adhesives to meet specific performance and processing requirements. These versatile compounds can be cured at ambient temperatures, elevated temperatures and upon exposure to UV light. Our line of products consists of epoxies, silicones, polyurethanes, polysulfides and cyanoacrylates.
Master Bond polymer adhesives are successfully employed in industries ranging from aerospace, optical and electronics to oil/chemical processing, medical and automotive. Our products are designed to speed productivity, reduce waste, save energy and enhance performance. Master Bond can recommend a formulation tailor-made to meet consumer needs.
Specific grades offer:
- Improved Durability
- Abrasion Resistance
- High Physical Strength Properties
- Fast Cures
- Low Stress
- Easy Application
- NASA Low Outgassing Approval
- Superior Electrical Insulation Properties
- Thermal and Electrical Conductivity
- The Ability to Withstand Exposure to a Wide range of Chemicals and Water
- High Bond Strength to Similar and Dissimilar Substrates
- Resistance to Vibration, Impact, Shock and Thermal Cycling
- Comply with UL94V-0 Flame Retardant Specification
Some of Our Most Popular Polymer Adhesive Systems...
||Two part, room temperature curing epoxy that is optically clear, high temperature resistant and meets NASA low outgassing requirements.
||One component cyanoacrylate cures in seconds at room temperature, very high strength & bonds to a wide variety of substrates, including most plastics and metals.
||One component, rapid setting silicone RTV, will set up in a few minutes; high flexibility and serviceable up to 400°F.
||Two part room temperature cured adhesive. Service temperature range -100°F to 400°F. High peel & shear strength. 1:1 mix ratio. Resistant to shock, vibration and impact.
||One part heat cured epoxy system. Heat resistant to 600°F. High compressive and tensile shear strength. Excellent toughness and resistance to thermal cycling, shock and vibration.
Important Polymer Adhesive Performance Requirements
Master Bond polymer adhesives are designed to meet specific performance requirements. Among the most important are:
- Abrasion resistance
- Chemically resistance
- Cryogenically serviceable
- Easily polished
- Easily removed by water
- Easily repairable
- Electrically insulative
- Excellent adhesion
- Mechanical properties
- Dimensionally stability
- Optical transmission
- High temperature resistance
- Index of refraction
- Low coefficient of expansion
- Low outgassing
- Low shrinkage
- Low stress
- Shock resistance
- Resistance to water
- Impact resistance
- Screen printable
- Spectral transmittance
- Peel strength
- Thermal cycling
- Shock resistance
- Thermal conductivity
- Vibration resistance
Master Bond Polymer Systems are used in a Wide Range of Applications
- High performance bonding, sealing, coating and potting featuring remarkably high thermal conductivity and excellent electrical insulation properties
- For applications requiring superb dimensional stability as well as superior physical strength properties
- Aerospace and defense applications
- For enhancing heat dissipation characteristics with micro electronic assemblies
- As a fuel tank sealant
- For high performance chemical resistant casting and potting applications
- Hearing aids
- Ophthalmic controllers
- Surgical instruments
- Electronic controllers
- As a sealant for food and medical packaging
- For use in laminate or flex-based BGA packages
- Die to die stacking
- To create decorative laminates for aircraft interiors
- Printed circuit board repair and manufacture
- Electromagnetic shielding applications
- For screen print application onto flexible and rigid plastic substrates
- High speed product assembly lines
- Glass laminating interlayers
- Voltage regulators
- Wave guides
- Hydraulic components
- Imaging systems
- Wire and cable assembly
- Medical valves, pumps, and motors
- Down hole oil drilling applications
- X-Ray and imaging equipment
- EGG/EKG Equipment
- Pressure/Temperature sensors
- Fiber pigtailing
- Doublet bonding
- Optical mounting
- Flip chip assemblies
- Smart cards
- Security protection products
- Piezoelectric devices
- Conformal coatings
- Catheter bonding
- Harness assemblies
High Reliability & Performance
Master Bond's polymer adhesives are designed to offer superior quality and long term durability. They have earned a well deserved reputation for their performance upon exposure to hostile environmental conditions. Select from a wide range of systems conveniently packaged for ease of use. These compounds are available in different viscosities, cure times, chemical resistances, electrical properties, colors, etc. to best meet specific requirements. They are presently employed in applications ranging from design and production to repair, maintenance and field service.
Packaged the Way You Need It
Master Bond offers a wide array of packaging options to speed productivity, minimize waste and save energy including...
- Quantities from grams to gallons
- Cans, bottles and jars
- Cartridges for manual and pneumatic guns
- Premixed and frozen syringes
- Bipaks for field service kits
New Specialty Polymer Adhesive Systems
||One part thermally conductive epoxy requiring oven curing. Offers excellent strength, temperature resistance & heat transfer properties.
||Specialty two part epoxy with wide applicability for bonding, sealing & coating of plastics such as acrylics and polycarbonates.
||Rapid curing, one part, no mix epoxy. Requires elevated temperature cure of 250-300°F. Ideal for bonding dissimilar substrates. Will not flow when cured.
||UV curable system with superior resistance to chemicals, particularly solvents. Cures rapidly at room temperature upon exposure to UV light. New Specialty Polymer Adhesive Systems
Electronic Grade Polymers for Electronic Manufacturing by Master Bond
Master Bond’s line of microelectronic formulations consists of epoxies, silicones, polyurethanes, acrylics and latex solutions. They include electrically insulative, thermally conductive and electrically conductive systems. Both one and two component compounds are available for use. These products are currently employed in applications ranging from heat sinking to glob tops to surface mounting. Many of these compounds have unique properties such as low thermal expansion coefficients, exceptionally high thermal conductivity, low stress, etc. Master Bond is also actively engaged in developing new products to keep pace with the rapid technological advancements in the microelectronic industry ranging from flip-chip technology to advanced die-attach processes.
Master Bond offers specialty systems for computers, telecommunications devices, audio/video devices, avionics and aerospace applications, as well as automotive manufacturing, interactive circuitry and advanced semiconductor equipment.