Master Bond has developed unique epoxy, polyurethane, polysulfide and UV cure formulations specifically designed for stress dissipation. Our compounds are stress absorbing and have a low modulus of elasticity.
Primarily used in optical, electro-optical, electronic, fiber-optic and photonic applications these systems offer low shrinkage, low outgassing and cure at ambient conditions. Our products have improved moisture resistance and the ability to withstand exposure to thermal cycling and vibration, impact and shock. We are noted for our technical experience in problem solving and even have developed innovative products for adhering substrates with large differences in their coefficients of expansion and contraction exposed to wide temperature cycles.
Specific grades offer:
- High reliability
- Low ionic impurities
- Low outgassing
- Fast cures
- High dielectric strength
- Low dielectric constant
- Thermal stability
- Gap filling
- Optical clarity
- Low shrinkage
- Easy application
- Electrical and thermal conductivity
- Moisture and chemical resistance
- Resistant to vibration, impact and shock
Our Most Popular Low-Stress Systems...
||Two part room temperature curable epoxy with superb flexibility. Widely used for potting and encapsulation where low stress on sensitive components is desirable. High optical clarity.
||Two part room temperature curable system with exceptionally low Shore hardness combined with good thermal conductivity.
||Two part room temperature curing silicone. Primarily for potting & encapsulation. Offers the ultimate in “low stress properties”. Resists temperatures up to 400°F.
Master Bond Low-Stress Systems are Used in a Wide Range of Applications
- Sensitive electronic component encapsulation
- MCM (multi chip module) packaging
- Packaging of stress-sensitive semiconductor devices
- To bond circuit assemblies to printed wire boards
- To protect semiconductor packages from cracking under stress
- Through hole and small SMT discrete packages
- Planar waveguides
- To assure stable thermal performance in lid-sealing, underfilling and bonding applications for selected semiconductor packaging applications
- For encapsulation of integrated circuits in a wide range of packaging configurations
- Bonding capacitors to lead frames over a wide temperature range
- For use in asymmetric and surface mount packages exposed to thermal cycling
- Flip chip devices requiring improved crack and fracture resistance
- Ag/Cu and bare Cu lead frame applications in die attach adhesion
- Selected piezoelectric devices
- Integrated optoelectronic devices
- For low stress fiber optic connections
- Fiber optic termination
- Bonding of LED displays, lenses, and other optical components
- To prevent fiber cracking in single and multimode connectors
- Optical fiber fusion splicing compound
- Bonding fiber to glass where low stress epoxy is desirable
- Potting sensors and related devices where thermal cycling is required
- To dissipate stress on electronic assemblies
- To extend a components respective thermal cycling performance
- Mounting devices to flexible circuitry
- Protection of components in constant exposure to thermal cycling
- Bonding of dissimilar substrates with differentiating coefficients of thermal expansion
- High performance valves for micro-battery devices
- Bonding of stress sensitive substrates
- Applications requiring cracking resistance
- Impact & vibration resistance
- Sound dampening
- General purpose thermal cycling
- Piezoelectric & micro machined sensors
- Protection of CSPs from mechanical shock & vibration
Packaged the Way You Need It
We offer a wide array of packaging options to speed productivity, minimize waste and save energy including...
- Quantities from grams to gallons
- Cans, bottles and jars
- Cartridges for manual and pneumatic guns
- Premixed and frozen syringes
- Bipaks for field service kits
Electronic Grade Polymers for Electronic Manufacturing by Master Bond
Master Bond’s line of microelectronic formulations consists of epoxies, silicones, polyurethanes, acrylics and latex solutions. They include electrically insulative, thermally conductive and electrically conductive systems. Both one and two component compounds are available for use. These products are currently employed in applications ranging from heat sinking to glob tops to surface mounting. Many of these compounds have unique properties such as low thermal expansion coefficients, exceptionally high thermal conductivity, low stress, etc. Master Bond is also actively engaged in developing new products to keep pace with the rapid technological advancements in the microelectronic industry ranging from flip-chip technology to advanced die-attach processes.
Master Bond offers specialty systems for computers, telecommunications devices, audio/video devices, avionics and aerospace applications, as well as automotive manufacturing, interactive circuitry and advanced semiconductor equipment.