The Delta Epsilon SC-133 hand held portable scintillometer is the latest in a long line of scintillometers we have produced. The SC-133 scintillometers feature a contemporary state of the art approach, while incorporating many well proven design elements that just make a great deal of sense in a field worthy scintillometer.
Standard Features Include:
- High Sensitivity with large 1.75” x 2. 65” NaI crystal (6.4 cu. in.) 104.4 cc. This matches or exceeds any instrument in this market class. Supports even larger external detectors if desired.
- Instrument operating time of at least 100 hours from two D cell batteries in convenient carrying handle. This is at least 10X longer than battery life of some competing instruments. Battery level is easily monitored and batteries are easily changed without opening the instrument and exposing it to the elements.
- Simultaneous digital display of both CPS and dose in uRem.
- Output is dead-time corrected and provides linear output to 100,000cps.
- Adjustable AUDIO threshold with pitch propotional to radiation intensity. Provides an intuitive, eyes free, indicator of radiation levels.
- If desired, non slip shoulder carrying strap may be used which allows hands free operation for climbing, taking notes, using a rock hammer, collecting samples etc.
- Full weather protection for use in any climate. All exterior surfaces either hard anodized aluminum machined from solid stock or high impact resistance polycarbonate plastic.
- No radioactive sources are required for calibration or proper operation
- Light weight, 2.2Kg (4.9Lb)) including two D cell batteries.
- Does not require an additional "protective boot" as some competing instruments do for adequate ruggedness and for the optional use of a shoulder strap."
- Unmatched performance and value.
As delivered, the SC-133 scintillometer includes a protective hard shell, foam lined shipping and storage case, batteries and optional non-slip shoulder carrying strap. It is complete and ready to use.
IDEAL FOR URANIUM EXPLORATION AND ANY DEMANDING FIELD APPLICATION The Delta Epsilon SC-133 Portable Scintillation Counter represents a functionally superior concept for a hand held gamma radiation detection device. Its rugged practical design, simple operation and high sensitivity make it well suited for uranium exploration applications as well as environmental monitoring and health physics dosimetry. It has also been designed to meet or exceed the ANSI N42 standards for hand held inspection and interdiction instruments for Homeland Security and Nuclear Safeguards.
The SC-133 portable scintillometer is a state of the art contemporary design. It also incorporates features proven to be invaluable based on a legacy of decades of experience by the principles of DEI as manufacturers of thousands of scintillometers. Additionally, the input from significant end-users in a variety of demanding circumstances was considered in the design of the instrument.
The SC-133 scintillometer incorporates a combination of capabilities that convey both operational and performance advantages that are not available on any competing instrument. The SC-133 represents the utmost in ruggedness, sensitivity and versatility available in a scintillometer on the world market today. The end result is an unmatched degree of user functionality in an instrument that is also exceptionally tough and dependable.