The DTC-300 thermal conductivity meter available from TA Instruments is capable of determining the thermal conductivity of an extensive range of materials, such as glasses, rubbers, ceramics, polymers, composites, certain metals, and other materials with low-to-medium thermal conductivity.
The DTC-300 requires only a small amount of test sample. Liquids, pastes, and other non-solids can be easily tested by means of special containers. Additionally, thin films can be precisely tested by utilizing a multi-layer method. The system also features three operating range modules, with each module covering a different thermal resistance region. These modules are also field-exchangeable.
For sub-ambient testing, the DTC-300 instrument comes with an airtight compartment to keep the atmosphere moisture-free with dry air purge. A standard test takes approximately 45 to 60 minutes to complete at a specific temperature. All tests conform to the ASTM E1530 Standard.
The main features of the DTC-300 thermal conductivity meter are:
- Fully computerized operation
- Guarded heat flow meter
- -20°C to 300°C
- Filled polymers
- Solids, liquids, and pastes can be tested
- Flexible temperature and sample options
- Operating range modules are field-exchangeable
- Factory calibrated using samples of known thermal resistance
- Each system includes Windows™ operating and data analysis software
- Tests are in accordance with ASTM E1530 Standard