The CMG-3ESP Compact is Güralp Systems' smallest ever triaxial weak-motion seismometer, offering CMG-3 performance for the price and size of a medium-motion instrument. It is suitable for surface vault (observatory), subsurface vault and temporary installations.
- Covers the complete seismic spectrum with a single transfer function
- 60 s – 50 Hz standard response (with 1s, 30s and 120s options)
- Self-noise below NLNM between 30 s and 16 Hz
- Truly portable: under 9 kg, with lifting handle and convenient access to connectors
- Highly compact form factor, only 168 × 258 mm
- High linearity: >107 dB horizontal, 111 dB vertical (USGS figures)
- Over 140 dB dynamic range over the entire passband (USGS figure)
- Cross-axis rejection over 62 dB
- Sensor axes orthogonal to within 0.1 °
- Robust automatic mass locking, unlocking and centring
- Adjustable feet allow for up to 4 ° tilt
- Low power consumption (750 mW from 10 – 30 V input power)
- Long period response options: 1s, 30s, 60s (default), 120s.
- Short period response options: 50Hz (default), 100Hz, 200Hz.
- Feet allowing 8 ° of sensor tilt.
- Hybrid response.
- For manual mass locking and unlocking, consider the CMG-3ESP.