No instrument for measuring thermal properties gives accurate measurements under all circumstances. Small sensors are delicate and have to deal with contact resistance. Large sensors and high-priced, steady-state techniques, such as the guarded hot plate, require very long heat times, which drive moisture away from the sensor and change the reading. Alternative systems use one regular equation without making any modifications for real-world situations—plus they are expensive and bulky. So far, there has not been a convenient or economical way to perform these measurements accurately.
New Technology—New Possibilities
The new TEMPOS from Meter Group is unique. It is totally reinvented from the ground up to offer customers better accuracy in a lot less time, at an affordable price. Accurate thermal properties measurements have at all times been about complex mathematics. Recent scientific discoveries in how these complex equations are solved have allowed not only better accuracy, but also allowed the company to calibrate using greatly improved data sets—making this instrument more accurate compared to all other instruments in its category. Furthermore, enhanced proprietary algorithms allow the TEMPOS to achieve these measurements with an unbelievable one-minute read time (versus the standard 10 to15 minutes.).
Takes Compliance to a Whole New Level
The ASTM 5334- and IEEE 442-compliant TEMPOS is designed based on ISO 2008 standards. It captures accurate readings of thermal conductivity, thermal diffusivity, thermal resistivity, and specific heat in many types of material across several disciplines, from concrete and soil to food, lubricating oil, plastics, and even human tissue.
Each needle creates only a discrete amount of heat, almost eliminating the moisture movement (or free convection in liquids) that could modify a reading. Short heating times mean the TEMPOS can be used to measure frozen materials and even fluids. No other commercial analyzer can measure wet or frozen materials correctly.
One Minute Changes Everything
Ambient temperature variations of a thousandth of a degree per second, the sun warming the soil, for instance, ruin the accuracy of thermal properties calculations. Distinct from all other thermal needle systems, the TEMPOS modifies for the linear temperature drift that causes flawed readings. New proprietary algorithms enable the TEMPOS to perform these measurements within just a minute (ten minutes for ASTM compliance).
Furthermore, these algorithms will ultimately enable the TEMPOS to measure formerly impossible-to-test extremely porous materials such as insulation.
Simply the Best
Four decades of expertise on heat and mass transfer have empowered Meter Group to engineer the most simple, user-friendly instrument possible. In contrast to competitor instruments, which employ a one-sensor-fits-all type system, the TEMPOS automatically enhances the reading for any material at the push of a button. Moreover, it is can be used immediately, straight out of the box. Simply insert the needle, choose a material type, and start measuring.
Making the Impossible Possible
Meter Group is an expert in thermal properties. For more than 40 years, numerous researchers and engineers have depended upon its thermal properties analyzer for computing thermal properties in practically anything. The company has even collaborated with NASA to measure thermal properties on Mars. TEMPOS can be relied upon for affordability, accuracy, and simplicity at any place and for any material that has to be measured for its thermal properties.
- New one-minute read times
- ASTM 5334- and IEEE 442-compliant
- Portable: use in the lab or in the field
- Compute thermal diffusivity and specific heat at a fraction of the cost
- An updated interface makes test setup simpler than ever
- Better algorithms increase accuracy
- Navigation through menus and options is more direct
- Regulated heating ensures heat is constant
- Automatically identifies the sensor that is plugged in and illustrates heating
- Measures thermal conductivity of a number of fluids
- Measure frozen and moist materials accurately
- Test setup and results are presented very clearly
- Short heating times ensure no moisture movement
- Interactive color screen
- Each sensor designed for a specific material
- Sturdy sensor needles limit breakage
- Resolves temperature to ±0.001 °C
- Automatically corrects linear temperature drift
- New rugged, ergonomic case
- Extended battery life increases use time
- Small USB cable makes downloading data easier