“Keep it simple” is the best phrase that describes the PolyGard®2 Series Compact Controller from MSR Electronic. It can be modified to suit respective applications at the click of a button without the need for any tools. The Compact Controller is digital and provided with numerous safety benefits.
The PolyGard®2 Series Compact Controller is built as a gas detection system for connecting a maximum of 10 gas sensors through its own field bus and used for sensing and warning of numerous gases, specifically for gas detection systems and smaller size projects.
The controller tracks the measured values and triggers the alarm relays if the stated (maximum four) alarm thresholds for pre- and main alarm are surpassed. The measured values are transmitted through an RS-485 interface for immediate connection to higher-level units. The 4–20 mA analog output offers a sum signal of all or specific measured values, or the signal of a single measured value.
The SIL2-compliant self-monitoring feature in the Compact Controller as well as in the connected SB2Units triggers the fault signal in case of an internal fault, a fault in the field bus communication, and in the case of a fault in the 4–20 mA output current signal.
Other options such as a buzzer, three-color status LEDs, and a digital input for acknowledgment function guarantee compatibility with the extensive range of applications in gas detection technology.
The Compact Controller system can be set up and parameterized without any extra tool. With this system, commissioning, calibration, and maintenance are simplified.
- Modular technology (plug-in and exchangeable)
- Display for all display, configuration and calibration functions (no extra tool necessary)
- Easy maintenance/calibration by swapping the sensor cartridge or through easy on-site calibration
- Fieldbus connection for up to 10 gas sensors (SB2Units) with full 900 m length
- Software and hardware consistent with SIL-compliant development process
- Internal function tracking with incorporated hardware watchdog
- Reverse polarity protected, short-circuit and overload proof
- Three relays with changeover contact, potential-free full 240 VAC, 5 A
- Serial RS-485 interface with a protocol for DGC-06
- Two transistor outputs, 24 VDC, 0.1 A (plus switching)
- Two digital inputs
- Different housing types with IP65
- Complies with EN 50271, EN 50104, EN 60079-29-1, IEC/EN 61508-1-3, and EN 50545-1
- Warning buzzer and status LED for alarm, operation, fault, and service (optional)
- Operating voltage 230 V AC, with wide range input 100–240 VAC (optional)
- UPS (optional)
- ANSI/UL 61010 1 and CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-1 (optional)