Exchangeable sensor unit including digital value processing, temperature compensation and self-control for the continuous monitoring of the ambient air.
The sensor unit MC2 houses a module with μController, analog output and power supply in addition to the infrared or Pellistor sensor element including amplifier. The μController calculates a linear 4–20 mA (or 2–10 V) signal out of the measurement signal and stores all relevant measured values and data of the sensor element.
Calibration is done either by simply replacing the sensor unit or by using the comfortable, integrated calibration routine directly at the system.
The μGard®2 Sensor MC2 is used for the detection of combustible gases in the non-Ex zone when a typical 4–20 mA (or 2–10 V) signal is required.
- Digital measurement value processing incl. temperature compensation
- Internal function control with integrated hardware watchdog
- Data / measured values in μC of the sensor unit, therefore simple exchange uncalibrated <> calibrated
- High accuracy and reliability
- Long sensor lifetime
- Hardware and software according to SIL2 compliant development process
- Easy maintenance and calibration by exchange of the sensor unit or by comfortable on-site calibration
- 4–20 mA (or 2–10 V) analog output with selectable signal output for special mode, fault etc.
- Reverse polarity protected, overload and short-circuit proof
- IP65 version
- Housing for integration of the sensor unit (option)
- Display (option)
- Display with two open-collector outputs for horn (resettable) and warning lamp (option)
- Conformity to:
- EN 50271
- EN 50545-1
- EN 61010-1
- ANSI/UL 61010 1
- CAN/CSA-C22.2 N. 61010-1
- Duct mounting kit (accessory)
MSR-Electronic is a manufacturer of fixed gas alarm systems with decades of experience in building automation and gas measurement technology. The international company with headquarters in Germany offers a wide range of methods for the detection of toxic and combustible gases. On this basis, MSR-Electronic develops individual gas sensors, controllers and warning devices for many applications, such as parking garages, tunnels, petrochemical industry or shipping. The products meet more than the general standards and regulations and can therefore grant the safety of the system.
MSR-Electronic offers the sensors for many gases (e.g. Ex, Tox, Freon and 02) and measuring principles, such as infrared, electrochemical semiconductor or pellistor.
Request the complete data sheet of the sensor unit MC2 or use the MSR-webshop www.msr-24.com to download the complete data sheet or to configure your product.