The 6100 Calorimeter has been designed to provide the user with:
- A moderately priced calorimeter for users who do not require the highest attainable precision.
- A traditional design calorimeter with removable oxygen bomb and bucket.
- A high speed calorimeter capable of performing up to 9 tests per hour when equipped with two bombs and buckets.
- A compact calorimeter requiring minimum laboratory bench space.
- A modern intuitive graphical user interface for ease of operation and training.
- A calorimeter with up to date digital hardware, software and communications capabilities.
The 6100 Calorimeter is intended for the user who wants a modern calorimeter with the convenient automatic features provided in the 6200 Calorimeter and whose precision requirements can be met with a static system without isoperibol control. Or, for users whose work load is small or intermittent, making it preferable to purchase a lower cost model. To meet these criteria, the temperature controlled water jacket and its accessories have been removed from the 6200 Calorimeter and replaced in the 6100 with a static air jacket around the bucket chamber, comparable to the arrangement used in the 1341 Plain Calorimeter. This eliminates all water and water connections, resulting in a significant saving in cost. And, with no permanent external connections (except a connection to an oxygen tank). The 6100 Calorimeter can be set up and made ready to operate in a few minutes, or it can be set aside when not in use.