Lake Shore Cryotronics benchtop instruments are trusted throughout the world for precision cryogenic temperature measurement. Now the same measurement performance can be achieved in distributed PROFIBUS applications using the company’s new 240 Series sensor input modules, which are currently available on a pre-sale basis.
Ideal for industrial cryogenic process control, plant and LNG/LPG storage environments, as well as large-scale experimental physics applications, the modules offer a convenient solution for precision PLC-based monitoring of cryogenic sensors, including Lake Shore Cernox™ RTDs, platinum RTDs and silicon diodes.
The DIN rail-mountable modules can be easily networked to PLCs for reliable temperature monitoring in industrial-scale facilities. In addition, the 240 Series modules take all the hard work out of system setup by performing many of the tasks that are traditionally time consuming and prone to error. This includes excitation selection, avoidance of self-heating, thermal EMF error cancellation and conversion of sensor units to temperature values.
The modules are available in two versions, allowing network engineers to balance between the high-speed 2-input module or the more cost-efficient 8-input version, which also has the benefit of requiring fewer network addresses for a given number of temperature measurement points.
Supporting advanced research since 1968, Lake Shore Cryotronics is a leading innovator in measurement and control solutions for materials characterization under variable temperature and magnetic field conditions. High-performance product solutions from Lake Shore include cryogenic temperature sensors and instrumentation, magnetic test and measurement systems, probe stations, and precision materials characterizations systems that explore the electronic and magnetic properties of next-generation materials. Lake Shore serves an international base of research customers at leading university, government, aerospace, and commercial research institutions, and is supported by a global network of sales and service facilities.
Lake Shore’s measurement and control solutions for advanced research and industrial applications include:
- A full line of temperature sensors including Cernox™, germanium, and ruthenium oxide NTC RTDs; silicon and GaAIAs diodes; platinum and rhodium-iron PTC RTDs; thermocouple wire and capacitance
- Hall magnetic probes and sensors including axial, transverse and cryogenic hall generators.
- Temperature and magnetic measurement instruments such as temperature controllers, monitors, transmitters, a DC current source, an AC resistance bridge, benchtop and handheld gaussmeters, fluxmeters, and Helmholtz coils.
- A complete line of cryogenic probe stations with DC, RF, microwave, and optical probing options
- Other fully integrated characterization systems such as electromagnet and superconducting magnet-based Hall effect measurement systems, electromagnet-based VSM and AGM systems, and a terahertz (THz) characterization system