Environics is pleased to announce the release of the next generation ROBD, available now.
The Series 6202 Reduced Oxygen Breathing Device 2 (ROBD2) is the next generation system that simulates altitude exposure and can be utilized for both research and hypoxia training. The ROBD is solely manufactured by Environics under a licensed from U.S. Navy under U.S. Patent Application No. 10/959.764.
The 6202 uses Thermal Mass Flow Controllers (MFC) to mix breathing air and nitrogen to produce the sea level equivalent atmospheric oxygen contents for altitudes up to 40,000 feet. Several safety features are built into the device: prevention of over pressurization of the subject's mask, built in self tests verify all system components functionality before the operation of the system can begin, and an emergency dump switch that will supply 100% O2 to subjects.
This next generation hypoxia training system includes a variety of new and improved features including:
- A new pulse oximeter with touch screen interface
- Enter one flow rate for all altitudes between 40 and 80 LPM
- Breathing bag is replaced with an internal reservoir, generating a faster refresh rate to the mask.
- Addition of an inline Oxygen filter.
- Pulse ox probe connection moved to the rear of the chassis
- HRT is the only program type.
To learn more, contact Environics or visit www.environics.com.