Neonode Inc., the optical touch technology company, announced today that it has crossed the threshold of having over 100 issued patents and patent applications in its portfolio. With these patents, Neonode is driving major industry advancements in optical touch, industrial design and user interfaces.
Neonode's patent portfolio covers five key innovation areas in light-based touch sensing:
- User Interfaces
- Driver Software
- Industrial Design
Examples of issued patents in these areas include,
- U.S. Patent No. 8,095,879, "User Interface for Mobile Handheld Computer Unit," and U.S. Patent No. 8,416,217, "Light-Based Finger Gesture User Interface" (User Interfaces)
- U.S. Patent No. 8,339,379, "Light-Based Touch Screen" and U.S. Patent Application Serial No. 14/016,076, "Optical Touch Screen using Total Internal Reflection" (Optics)
- U.S. Patent No. 8,471,830, "Scanning of a Touch Screen" (Controllers)
- U.S. Patent No. 7,880,732, "Touch Screen for Mobile Telephone" (Drivers)
- U.S. Design Application Serial No. 29/432,924, "Tablet Computer," and U.S. Design Application Serial No. 29/441,356, "Mobile Phone," (Industrial Design)
Neonode files its patents around the world: in the US, Europe, Japan, South Korea, China, Canada, Australia and Singapore. Neonode's aggressive patent prosecution has successfully increased the number of issued patents and registered designs from 8 on October 1, 2012, to 19 as of today, and filed 45 new applications in the past 12 months.
"These new patents demonstrate the extraordinary edge that lies at the core of our technology. The high rate at which Neonode is granted its progressive intellectual properties is, in addition, a genuine testament to the outstanding achievements of our research team, which has adopted a sincerely scientific approach to touch, proximity and gesture development," said Thomas Eriksson CEO of Neonode. "Our successful strategy encourages us to keep filing new applications to address significant and unmet market needs for gesture, touch and proximity-sensing technology. We believe that this execution of patent applications is in line with the high degree of confidence that our customers, shareholders and financial institutional partners already have in us," he concluded.