LM200 is a laser-based distance measuring instrument which is designed for use in process control systems. It is used for the level of silos and bins: ideal for plastic pellets, grain, coffee, dry bulk solids, opaque liquids and powders.
It does not require any maintenance, and is also used in process control system. Invisible, infrared light is used by the measuring laser.
Accurate targeting becomes easy in silos or vessels with internal structures as the laser beams have little divergence. The on-board microprocessor is used for calculating distance by multiplying the speed of light by the time taken by a laser pulse to travel from the instrument to a target and back.
The key features of the LM200 are:
- It avoids the need of calibration
- CSA, ATEX and IECEx potentially explosive atmosphere ratings
- Non-condensing heated optics are available for preventing condensation issues
- Built-in laser pointer is available for accurately aligning in narrow or tall vessels
- Rugged and Robust Aluminum Enclosure
- Easy and intuitive setup
- Range up to 190 m (623 ft) for level applications
- Range up to 400 m (1312 ft) for positioning applications
- Last pulse detection for measurement with light and moderate dust
The options available for the LM200 are:
- Configuration device (LCD2)
- Several mounting options
- Non-condensing optics (heated lens)