Radiant Vision Systems offers the ProMetric® I series of imaging colorimeters that are built to meet the demands for high-volume production of illuminated keyboards displays, and LED lighting products.
Whether users need to increase throughput or expand test coverage, the ProMetric I provides the necessary performance for extremely accurate luminance and color measurements in an automated manufacturing setting.
The ProMetric I has been designed based on scientific-grade image sensors, which allow pixel-level measurements of displays, precise measurements of LED luminance and color in luminaires with large LED arrays, and inter- and intra-character luminance measurements on lighted keyboards.
ProMetric I Family
The ProMetric I includes Smart Technology™ features that streamline operation and deliver more precise measurement results. For instance, the electronically regulated focus and aperture setting offers calibrated measurements over a broad range of field of view and working distances. This significantly simplifies measurement set up and enables a fully automatic remote configuration of the production test systems.
High-Resolution, Scientific-Grade Image Sensors
Each ProMetric I Imaging Colorimeter employs a scientific-grade, low-noise image sensor that provides accurate, repeatable measurements. ProMetric cameras optimize resolution and dynamic range to ensure imaging performance. ProMetric Y supports high-speed USB and Ethernet communications.
- 2-megapixel (1600 x 1200)
- 8-megapixel (3296 x 2472)
- 29-megapixel (6576 x 4384)
- 61-megapixel (9568 x 6380)
Purpose-Built for High-Speed Manufacturing
A production line is a challenging environment and dependable communications can be a tough task. The ProMetric I supports Ethernet and high-speed USB communications, offering highly reliable operation across long distances, even in the most challenging manufacturing settings.
The ProMetric I has been enhanced to function with the industry-leading TrueTest™ Automated Visual Inspection Software from Radiant Vision Systems. The TrueTest™ delivers a full, turnkey solution for high-volume production of illuminated keyboards, displays, and lighting products, with a test sequencing interface to conduct numerous inspections in-line within seconds.
Whether users are keen to increase their test coverage or minimize test time for automated visual inspection, the ProMetric I is engineered exactly for that application.
The ProMetric I Imaging Colorimeter is used for precise measurement of qualities of color and light across a display. It records quantifiable values of spatial luminance, contrast, chromaticity (in CIE x, y and u’, v’), and uniformity. The system can also detect defects like light leakage, mura, and dead pixels or lines in any region of the display.
The ProMetric I can record detailed luminance and chromaticity values of each display, with analyses applied within seconds. Fitted with USB 2.0 and Ethernet communications, the ProMetric I offers highly dependable operation for production operations from line to line and camera to camera, making it the solution of choice for international display panel production operations.
Light, dimensional accuracy, and color are paramount for regulatory compliance, visual performance, and consumer satisfaction of all illuminated elements outside and inside the vehicle. Coupled with automated analysis software from Radiant Vision Systems’ TrueTestTM platform, the ProMetric I provides a total measurement solution for systems from headlamps and head-up displays through to center stacks and instrument panels.
Electronically regulated lenses are offered as standard with each ProMetric I system. This enables producers to use software to effortlessly set aperture and focus settings instantly as image distance changes, or when needed for regulatory testing (like DFF Black Mura Gradient measurement).
From distinct LEDs to large luminaires, Radiant Vision Systems’ light measurement proficiency spans several years with applications in data acquisition for light source modeling to rectification of non-uniformity for large LED panels.
The ProMetric I is used for both non-goniometric and goniometric measurement of light sources, fully characterizing the 3D output of a source (producing IES, ray sets, or LDT/EULUMDAT files) or assessing luminous intensity, illuminance, and chromaticity, and even geometric features like distribution cut-off gradient and shape.
Delivering Smart Technology™ Innovations including:
- Smart Control™ for quick, accurate setup: Smart Control allows users to electronically alter both aperture and focus settings of the lens.
- Smart Calibration™ for automatic high precision results: ProMetric cameras provide a range of electronically controlled lenses, each calibrated over a broad range of aperture settings and working distances. The ProMetric systems track focal distance and aperture settings and automatically apply the precise flat field calibration, significantly simplifying arrangement, and ensuring precise measurement results.
- Smart Touch™ to allow touch input through an integrated touchscreen display interface on the ProMetric I Imaging Colorimeter, which streamlines the setup and control of cameras.
For highly precise accurate color and light measurements that match values detected by the human eye, the Radiant lenses and cameras are calibrated to acquire absolute data in any setting. Factory calibration processes are carried out on each Radiant camera to allow traceability to national standards like NRL, PTB, ETL, and NIST.
All Radiant camera and lens pairs can also be calibrated for exclusive applications, both in the factory and in the field, ensuring reliability irrespective of variations in:
- Device spectral power distribution (SPD): Luminance calibration; LED and white phosphor LED calibration; and color calibrations, for example, one-color calibration, four-color calibration (based on RGB or single-color emitters)
- Lensing effects: Distortion calibration (if relevant)
- Focal distance: Image scaling; flat-field calibration
Key Features and Highlights of ProMetric I
- Works effortlessly with Radiant TrueTest Automatic Visual Inspection test sequencing system for automated applications
- High-resolution, high-speed, image sensors, with dynamic range better than 61 dB
- Numerous lens choices with Smart Calibration™ for a broad range of aperture and distance settings
- Neutral density filters and CIE-matched color filters almost match human visual perception
- Provided as standard with Radiant ProMetric Software for camera control and light analysis
The ProMetric I imaging colorimeter systems include Radiant Vision Systems’ ProMetric Software with API support, which offers total measurement control and Point-of-Interest/Region-of-Interest functionality. Furthermore, the ProMetric I imaging colorimeters are supported by the best product warranty in the industry, including direct access to the technical support team at Radiant Vision Systems to maximize the advantages for users’ application.
For automated testing, the ProMetric I is enhanced to work with the industry-leading TrueTestTM Software — and dedicated software modules — for high-volume production of smartphones, displays, notebooks and more.
The ProMetric I Series of imaging colorimeters from Radiant Vision Systems fulfills the demands for high-speed production tasks, combining the advantages of automation with the precision of human visual perception to suit a variety of applications:
- Light measurement and characterization of LED products
- Luminance and color testing of displays
- Appearance uniformity testing of illuminated keypads and instrument clusters
Fast and High-Resolution Imaging Colorimeters
Before distortion calibration
After distortion calibration
ProMetric I Key Features and Highlights