Alpha, beta, gamma and x-radiation can be measured using the Inspector Alert with a 2-inch pancake GM detector that has high sensitivity to common alpha and beta sources. The easy-to-read digital display shows readings in µSv/hr, mR/hr, CPM, or CPS as desired by the user. The Total/Timer feature enables timed readings from 1 min to 40 h for accurate measurement of low level contamination. An audible alert sounds when the radiation reaches a user-adjustable level.
The key features of the Inspector Alert are:
- Rapidly alerts first responders to the presence of harmful levels of nuclear radiation
- Enhances safety in the laboratory and in the field
- Automatically compensates for GM tube dead time
- Will not jam in high radiation fields
- Meets CE certification requirements for Europe