TDK-EPC, a group company of the TDK Corporation, presents a lightweight all-plastic media temperature sensor from EPCOS for the temperature measurement of motor oil or coolant in engine management systems.
The all-plastic construction of the new B58101A802A sensor is 50 percent lighter and offers a tighter seal than conventional metal designs. The result is a significant improvement in vibration, a longer lifetime, and simplified recycling at the end of the life cycle. The plastic housing around the sensor head is designed to ensure excellent thermal conductivity, thus optimizing response times and the precision with which the temperature of automotive fluids is measured.
Thanks to its fast response times and broad temperature range of between -40 °C and +200 °C, the new sensor fulfills the enhanced requirements of new and more efficient engines. The B58101A802A type is available in a wide range of nominal resistances from 2 kO to 1.4 MO. Moreover, the narrow temperature tolerances of ±0.5 °C at the rated temperature are optimized to meet special customer requests. The new temperature sensors are lead-free and RoHS-compatible. The sensor element itself is qualified to AEC-Q200.
- Temperature measurement of fluids such as oil and coolants in engine management systems.
Main features and benefits
- 50 percent lighter than conventional metal designs
- Tight seal around entire sensor
- Fast response times and high temperature rating
- Excellent thermal conductivity precisely where the sensor head is located
- Lead-free and RoHS-compatible
- Sensor element qualified to AEC-Q200