Premo Group, a leading provider of electromagnetic motion tracking sensing solutions, today announced the launch of the 3DCC03 series, the smallest 3D coil receiver antenna on the market. With a 60% smaller size than its direct predecessor, the 3DCC03 series is designed to meet the growing demand for miniaturization of EM motion tracking sensors.
The 3DCC03 series features an innovative design that incorporates three axes receivers in a single tiny core. This allows for an extremely reduced size of just 4.2 x 3.2 x 3.5 mm, while still maintaining excellent isotropy (same sensitivity in X, Y and Z axes). The 3DV03 series also features a working frequency of 20 kHz, accurate manufacturing using up to 18um magnet wire, connectivity using six gold (Au) finished pads, and qualification according to high-quality standards (MIL-STD 202). The operating temperature range is -40 ºC to +85 ºC.
The 3DCC03 series solves three key problems in the field of motion tracking:
- Integration in tight spaces: The 3DCC03's small size makes it ideal for integration into applications with limited space, such as VR/AR headsets, wearable devices, and industrial atomation equipment.
- Simultaneous tracking of multiple small elements: The 3DCC03's three axes receivers allow it to track multiple small elements simultaneously, such as fingers, pens, or small wearable devices. This makes it ideal for applications such as motion capture and gesture recognition.
- Reliable connectivity: The 3DCC03's gold finish pads provide reliable electrical contact to the PCB circuit. This makes it ideal for applications where reliability is critical.
Compared to optical and inertial or mechanical tracking sensors, EM sensors have several advantages, including:
- Freedom of movement: EM sensors do not require line of sight, so they can be used in applications where other types of sensors cannot.
- Absence of drift: EM sensors do not drift over time, so they provide more accurate tracking data.
- Reduced latency: EM sensors have lower latency than other types of sensors, so they provide more responsive tracking data.
- Perform very well inside or through the human body due to its large wavelength.
The miniaturized design of the 3DCC03 opens a wide range of new applications for EM motion tracking, including:
- VR/AR: The 3DCC03 can be used to track the position and orientation of users' heads and hands in VR/AR applications. This allows users to interact with virtual objects in a more natural way.
- Robotics: The 3DCC03 can be used to track the position and orientation of robots in real-time. This allows robots to navigate their environment more safely and efficiently.
- Industrial automation: The 3DCC03 can be used to track the position and orientation of objects on assembly lines. This allows for more precise automation and improved quality control.
- Motion capture: The 3DCC03 can be used to track the motion of actors or athletes in motion capture applications. This data can be used to create realistic digital models or to analyze athletic performance.
- Wearable devices: The 3DCC03 can be used to track the motion of fingers, hands, or other body parts in wearable devices. This data can be used to control devices, provide feedback, or track health metrics.
The 3DCC03 series is available now.