Farnell element14, the European trading brand of Premier Farnell plc (LSE:pfl), will use its exhibit at electronica 2012 to inspire customers with an exclusive showcase of engaging technology and solutions demonstrations that act as an industry benchmark and highlight the full breadth and quality of the company’s supplier partnerships, product range and technical expertise.
On the Farnell element14 stand (A5.558) 16 live hands-on demonstration stations will showcase a range of key industry solutions covering ARM based design, low power, test & measurement, wireless power, processor solutions, PCB design, energy harvesting, embedded design, CEM packaging solutions and the Raspberry Pi. There will be exclusive on stand supplier representation from ARM, EnOcean, Tektronix and the Wireless Power partnership of CadSoft, Wurth and Texas Instruments, whilst Freescale, NXP and ST, in partnership with Embest, will also be showcased via exclusive board-level products. The stand will also contain a number of web terminals providing visitors with direct access to Farnell element14’s eProcurement solutions, unique element14 Community and industry leading online knowledge tool the Knode.
Key highlights will include:
- Raspberry Pi board and exclusive accessories: the new and improved double memory Raspberry Pi will be demonstrated on stand throughout the show. Farnell element14 will also showcase two exclusive new Raspberry Pi accessories during Electronica including:
- Gertboard - an add-on device enabling designers to control physical devices. The Gertboard’s creator and architect of the Broadcom chip on the Raspberry Pi, Gert van Loo will be available on stand during the show to answer questions.
- ARM Keil MCBSTM32F400: ARM will be demonstrating exclusively from the Farnell element14 stand. The company will be showing the ARM Keil MCBSTM32F400 a new development kit for ARM Cortex M4 MCU. This best selling kit is available with the ULINKME debug adapter. This helps designers find and fix bugs in their design and provides them with the tools to undertake a product design or evaluation.
- Wireless Power Integration solutions: A revolutionary new design partnership between Texas Instruments, Wurth and CadSoft that enables the wireless transmission of power to a range of devices. The bqTESLA evaluation module will be demonstrated on the Farnell element14 stand. This off the shelf solution conforms to the Wireless Power Consortium (WPC) Wireless Power Transfer 1.0 Specifications and is suitable for a range of industries including Industrial, communication, consumer, automotive, and healthcare.
- CEM packaging and component solutions: Farnell element14 will showcase its unique portfolio of flexible packaging solutions including full reels, waffle trays, peel packs and packaging for moisture sensitive parts, all of which are ideally suited to the requirements of high volume CEM customers.
Other demonstrations will include the full features of CadSsoft EAGLE V6 for PCB design and the new ability to simulate EAGLE schematics in LTSpice; Microchip’s PIC16 Lighting Communications Development Platform and PIC32 Projected Capacitance Multi Touch Display; and Atmel’s new Studio 6 IDE, SAM4L microcontrollers which redefine the power benchmark for Cortex™-M4 processor-based devices and the low power capabilities of the SAM4S ideally suited to design engineers working with 32-bit ARM.