At SENSOR+TEST 2015, MultiDimension Technology (MDT) will showcase advanced Tunneling Magnetoresistive sensors (TMR sensors), including the recently announced 200mV/V/Oe ultra-high sensitivity TMR linear magnetic field sensors, and the 50DPI TMR magnetic image sensors.
MDT's high-performance and low-power TMR sensors are best suited for a variety of sensor applications, including flow meters, magnetic field sensors, position/speed sensors, financial anti-counterfeit applications, current sensors, and non-destructive testing (NDT).
"MDT is the first volume supplier who brings the advantages of TMR technology to the commercial sensor market providing higher performance, lower power, and enhanced cost-effectiveness," said Dr. Song Xue, Chairman and CEO of MultiDimension Technology. "At our five-year anniversary, we take great pride in our accomplishment of a wide-ranging product and service portfolio, along with our full commitment to delivering the best value to our customers. By exhibiting at major sensor technology fairs, we look forward to engaging partners to jointly develop new applications for TMR sensors." MDT will also exhibit at SENSORS EXPO 2015, June 9–11, in Long Beach, CA, USA.
MDT is a leading supplier of TMR sensors. Thanks to a strong IP portfolio and advanced manufacturing facilities, MDT's TMR technology realizes the key benefits of present magnetic sensor technologies including Hall Effect, AMR (Anisotropic Magnetoresistance) and GMR (Giant Magnetoresistance), while exhibiting a unique set of extraordinary performance advantages, including ultra-low power, ultra-high sensitivity, low hysteresis, low noise, large dynamic range, and excellent thermal stability.
Features of MDT's TMR Sensors:
- TMR switch sensors: ultra-low power at 1microampere in high-speed operation, ideal for battery-powered flow meters and proximity switches;
- TMR linear sensors: ultra-high sensitivity at 200mV/V/Oe, low noise, large dynamic range, low hysteresis, in-plane or Z-axis sensing directions, for magnetic field and current sensing;
- TMR magnetic image sensors: high-sensitivity 1/6/18-channel magnetic banknote readers, 50DPI magnetic image scanning for financial anti-counterfeit applications and NDT;
- TMR angle sensors: 360-degree measurement with high-amplitude output, for rotary position sensing;
- TMR gear tooth sensors: small pitch detection, for linear or rotary position/speed sensing.
Highlights of MDT's Service Offerings:
- TMR sensors in wafers, bare dice, standard or custom packages
- TMR/GMR/AMR sensor design service
- Foundry service for TMR/GMR/AMR sensor fabrication
- Custom sensor module design and application solutions
- IP licensing for TMR/GMR/AMR sensor designs